Sonic Electronix

Some maybe basic questions

Anyone mention the big 3??? He needs to do the big 3 !

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

already got that man :good:

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

already got that man :good:

My bad man i should've read it better. And your subsonic should be set just below the tune of your box, so 34hz ish. I would either just replace your under-hood battery with the largest one you can afford/fit in the factory slot, OR you can add one at the back as well, I'd run 0AWG the whole way back from + under the hood to + in the trunk, then use 0AWG either from the - under the hood all the way back, OR ground the battery in the trunk to the frame. Either way they are paralleled. As for the bass boost/frequency, i'd say DONT USE IT. Bass boost causes clipping. I'd stick with keeping it off, and there should be a bass knob (remote, like one that goes up on the dash or whatever, not one on the amp) for remote gain/level control. That one is mostly like a volume control. all the way down, subs will be off, all the way up, the subs will go to wherever the gain is set on the amp.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Haha its all good man Thanks for the info :) appreciate it everyone.

Just out of curiousity what would happen if i set my subsonic filter at like 20hz? will i mess up the sub? because i do like listening to lows and some of decafs songs.

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Haha its all good man Thanks for the info :) appreciate it everyone.

Just out of curiousity what would happen if i set my subsonic filter at like 20hz? will i mess up the sub? because i do like listening to lows and some of decafs songs.

When a ported box is played below it's resonant frequency, it no longer offers support for the sub, like, no air cushion. It becomes a free-air situation, and it can make the sub overextend and bottom out. It does depend on the sub, because some are designed to handle power free-air, but it's almost NEVER full RMS rating, most subs can't handle their RMS rating free air. In most cases, playing full power below a boxes tune will damage the sub.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

ohh gotcha. soo would 30 be to low for my sub? or you think it could handle that?

ohh gotcha. soo would 30 be to low for my sub? or you think it could handle that?

i usually go no more then 4 lower then the tuning of my box man and hey i actully deleted your pm yousent me, and i was told that for xs power a d1200 will fit no problem, and also a d3400 or a d6500might or might not fit so i guess when i asked nate he didnt reall give me a excat answer :pardon:

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

i usually go no more then 4 lower then the tuning of my box man and hey i actully deleted your pm yousent me, and i was told that for xs power a d1200 will fit no problem, and also a d3400 or a d6500might or might not fit so i guess when i asked nate he didnt reall give me a excat answer :pardon:

haha alright guess i might be building a new box to go lower! its all good man. Hmm might have to do some measureing see what fits and cost of some things

haha alright guess i might be building a new box to go lower! its all good man. Hmm might have to do some measureing see what fits and cost of some things

well the box design i gave you is pretty good for size you can go longer but you will end up with less trunk space lol, unless u build in trunk i didnt mine just slide in gl though vis... perhaps :popcorn:

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s