Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, newbie here. Ive only recently started getting interested in real bass, and am now wanting to do my first "build".

After a lot of reading, I decided to purchase my AQ2200D. I am planning on running the stock alt for a while, with two batteries in the rear.

Anyways, the only thing stopping me from getting my box built right now is that i'm not sure what subs i'm going to be running.

This is going into my daily driver (08 Malibu) and want to get as much SPL as possible. SQ would be nice, but i want LOUD.

I'm really leaning towards the AQ HDC3's. Either two copper 12s, or a single aluminum 15. There may not be enough room in my trunk to do two 15's.

Ive heard good things about the DC lvl 4's as well. Any input on these? Also, what kind of tuning do you guys recommend with these?

I want it to hit lows hard. I'm still undecided, so help me pick something up guys!

2 FI BL's would fit the bill nicely with that amp. Not sure what YOU consider lows, but for the general population ideal tuning is 30-34 hz.

I thought about those BL's but someone told me that the HDC3's get louder?

I don't know if this is true though, as I have never heard either in person.

I like this kind of low cool.gif

I would go with the AQ HDC312's.. box tuned to 33-34hz.

What are your thoughts on a single HDC3 15?

Honestly I have never heard Audioque subs but I think u would be happier with the 2 12's and would get louder(more cone area).

2x Sundown SA-12's

Audioque 2200D

Kenwood DNX6140

XS D3100

Knukonceptz