Just Thinking Of A Cheap Way To Get Alt Power...need Input

well ive been thinking about ways to get the alt current needed for my system, and i dont want to spend out the ass for 2-3 200+amp alts, and have to build brackets for them as well, i can get brand new alts from autozone for around 60 dollars that are 105-140 amps each, would it be feasible to just put out 150 dollars give or take for 3 alts of 105-140 range instead of one big 250 amper for 400+?

and my other question is

with multi alts, do the alts have to charge separate batts or can 3 alts charge the same bank of batts?

just not sure if its doable to have 3 alts all going to the same battery bank or not so if someone can throw me some info it would be appreciated

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

the autozone alts will be inferior to aftermarket high output alts. in aftermarket alts, like dom's, higher quality regulators are used and the alt is pretty much designed for the rapid current draws of an audio system.

three identical alts can be charging the same battery bank. if i'm not mistaken Steve's hoe is set up like that....outputs from both 300+ alts going to batteries in the back.

running a few stock alternators wouldn't really be a bad idea, especially since you can get an extended warranty from Advance autoparts, and replace one if you burn it up. As far a how to hook them up to your battery bank, I have no clue. I am more of a 1 alt type of guy.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Dale is right, using a couple lower amperage alts is not gonna due your system justice. It in fact may actually hinder it since they are not regulated for intense current draws. But yes you can use multiple alts to charge one bank of batteries. I do it, Steve does it they are just wired parallel to each other with the alts going to the main battery up front.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

well im tryn to find a "cheap" way out on the alt deal because my 250 amp alt took a shit on me , the rotor bearings wore out and one of my bruses were cracked and the posstive terminal bolt broke off at the case...

thats the main reason in this idea of mine i simply cant afford to get a new audio alt like my 250 amp

and the alt repair man in town told me point blank he wont work on my shit because im a pain in the counies ass booming around pissing off people and he wont help me in my cause and asked me nicely to leave his shop

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Why dont you contact the makers of that alt and see how much to repair it?

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

well im tryn to find a "cheap" way out on the alt deal because my 250 amp alt took a shit on me , the rotor bearings wore out and one of my bruses were cracked and the posstive terminal bolt broke off at the case...

thats the main reason in this idea of mine i simply cant afford to get a new audio alt like my 250 amp

and the alt repair man in town told me point blank he wont work on my shit because im a pain in the counies ass booming around pissing off people and he wont help me in my cause and asked me nicely to leave his shop

ouch. he shouldn't refuse a customer. that's putting personal sentiments in the way of business

Edited by Dale

Definately a ho move right there, acting like a cold bitch....

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

well i kept my cool with the man, i didnt take offence to him swearing because i didnt take it as he was cussing me out but to flat out see my alt look at the name and say nope i know what that alt is for and turn me away was kinda shity imo....

and ive contacted the people, but there out of town for a few days so im just covering ground on other options if i cant afford the repair or think its too much money to do it

plus i would LOVE to have a multi alt setup on my funkin van that would be sick lol and look hella cool next to the ole 300 staight 6 motor....

Might work, definately not my first choice though.

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg