whats it take

zayres29

i know how everybody rants about how much better is is to run an active setup for equalization and i was curious to how to actually do this do i have to get a seperate amp to run my tweets from my mids or separate them from front to rear channels and how do i know the power handling of the speakers most component sets are rated by the tweet and the mid together

btw i have a 175.4 in the mail so thats what will be power the speakers

thanks

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

What speakers are you running? And if you have two sets of components then the rear L and R would be for the woofers. And then the front for the tweet with the filters set accordingly to the speaker specs and location.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

What speakers are you running? And if you have two sets of components then the rear L and R would be for the woofers. And then the front for the tweet with the filters set accordingly to the speaker specs and location.

i dont have any speakers yet i was waiting to find something that could handle that much power

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

each speaker has its own channel.

175 watts seems like a lot for a tweet

you are right. keep the gains real low

have channels one and two crossed with a hpf at around 3-5k (honestly idk about that number but it seems like a decent number based on the tweeters ive seen)

channels 3 and 4 will be crossed with both a hpf filter at 60-8 0 (once again based on the mid) and a low pass filter at 3-5k (whatever the tweet hpf is set to)

this is what id do if i ran active

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz