whats it take

zayres29

Lol, I'm sorry man, but you bought the amp before the components and now you have to find a setup to handle the power. Should have gone the other way IMO, but I'm sure you'll come up with something nice to throw on that amp

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

Lol, I'm sorry man, but you bought the amp before the components and now you have to find a setup to handle the power. Should have gone the other way IMO, but I'm sure you'll come up with something nice to throw on that amp

i want to have matching amps thats one of my biggest petpeaves when my amps dont match so that is my reasoning for getting the 175.4

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

NO. Lol. 3 way active is very expensive. I gave up. Easiest affordable way for three way active is two or three badass amps with 6 total channels. You need a hpf for tweets, bandpass for midrange and a bandpass for midbass. And then you sub makes it a 4 way setup. Stick with two way active and there is tons of stuff to handle all that DC power. Two sets of tweeters rated 100rms each and put two on each front channel and then the same for the midbass. You have tons of options

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

NO. Lol. 3 way active is very expensive. I gave up. Easiest affordable way for three way active is two or three badass amps with 6 total channels. You need a hpf for tweets, bandpass for midrange and a bandpass for midbass. And then you sub makes it a 4 way setup. Stick with two way active and there is tons of stuff to handle all that DC power. Two sets of tweeters rated 100rms each and put two on each front channel and then the same for the midbass. You have tons of options

what do recommend i have been pulling my hair out over what components to run or even thinking about getting speakers from parts express and "building" my own "components"

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

What's budget? And just FYI any options I will give you are simply from all the searching Ive done to buy mine. I just bought the Hertz 3 way components which I want to run active but after funding there is no good way to go three way active for under $500-$1000 I gave up for now and will just run passive.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

well if i were to get a real component set i would probably spend 150 each set as for building my own set i have no idea what im even looking at whats good and whats not

I would still set the sub X-over to 60hz and cross over a set of 6.5's at 80hz with the tweets sitting at around 2.5K. Your pretty limited when it comes to funds from what I have read. You can still throw a pair of Polk components in there and it'll sound great on the passive network. That's what I would do in your case and just keep the gains all the way down. IMO Polk components do sound really good if you don't really cheap out.

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

Archived