whats it take

zayres29

this is how i wanted to run my filters

sub < 8 0

optional midbass 8 0 <>300

mid range 300<>4000

tweets >4000

those numbers sound good to start with. you will need to play with it a little bit from there.

NO. Lol. 3 way active is very expensive. I gave up. Easiest affordable way for three way active is two or three badass amps with 6 total channels. You need a hpf for tweets, bandpass for midrange and a bandpass for midbass. And then you sub makes it a 4 way setup. Stick with two way active and there is tons of stuff to handle all that DC power. Two sets of tweeters rated 100rms each and put two on each front channel and then the same for the midbass. You have tons of options

you dont need two bandpass channels. the amp can just use its HPF at 80hz and the crossover will have the lowpass taken care of.

i would not add two sets of tweeters.

you could go as cheap as this http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=265-128&scqty=1

it wont give you many options but it will get you going. then later you could step up to a processor.

for piecing together a set, look at parts express. they will have great options at a pretty good price. and they have a lot of reviews to help you pick something.

dont worry about the power. you could run that 175.4 to the midrange and midbass then get a 50w amp for the tweeters. i have a 50w 4 channel running my tweets and rear speakers.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you dont need two bandpass channels. the amp can just use its HPF at 80hz and the crossover will have the lowpass taken care of.

i would not add two sets of tweeters.

you could go as cheap as this http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=265-128&scqty=1

it wont give you many options but it will get you going. then later you could step up to a processor.

for piecing together a set, look at parts express. they will have great options at a pretty good price. and they have a lot of reviews to help you pick something.

dont worry about the power. you could run that 175.4 to the midrange and midbass then get a 50w amp for the tweeters. i have a 50w 4 channel running my tweets and rear speakers.

what is the difference in using that crossover and just using the crossovers on the amps

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

the crossover on the amp wont go high enough to do much of anything. unless you get an amp that is made to be an active crossover.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

peerless and dayton really stand out to me right now most of the drivers are 8ohm and 50 watts so that should be pretty easy to get 2 per channel and run them at 4ohm right?

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Easiest thing to do is get a used active capable HU for ~$200 so you don't have to worry about buying extra crossovers and going back and forth messing with crossover points and slopes...just control everything from the HU, it's so much easier that way.

As far as the amp goes, you have plenty of power to run pretty much anything you want. Don;t worry about having too much power for the tweeters, just attenuate the gains accordingly to level match everything. There are literally a ton of options out there, it just depends on what kind of sound you're after, what size speakers you can fit, and what your budget is. I've been running active for about 3-4 years now and I'll never go back to plain ol' comp sets again.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Easiest thing to do is get a used active capable HU for ~$200 so you don't have to worry about buying extra crossovers and going back and forth messing with crossover points and slopes...just control everything from the HU, it's so much easier that way.

As far as the amp goes, you have plenty of power to run pretty much anything you want. Don;t worry about having too much power for the tweeters, just attenuate the gains accordingly to level match everything. There are literally a ton of options out there, it just depends on what kind of sound you're after, what size speakers you can fit, and what your budget is. I've been running active for about 3-4 years now and I'll never go back to plain ol' comp sets again.

so i shouldnt waste my time with getting a nice comp set? i should just get some mids and tweets separate?

what are some good HU with active i was just going to run everything off the crossover on the amp till the 360.3 was released or something similar

Archived