Any Crown Vic/Marquis/Town Car owners?

Hello,

I have been interested in purchasing a Crown Victoria (cop car-like model) and I was wondering how it performs on ice/snow. I live in Michigan so this is clearly important. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,

Sam

Hello,

I have been interested in purchasing a Crown Victoria (cop car-like model) and I was wondering how it performs on ice/snow. I live in Michigan so this is clearly important. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,

Sam

Lol just wondering why a crown vic? :pardon:

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

I am on my third of the body style. Started off with a 91 town car, then on to the crown vic a 94, and currently have a 96 Marquis. Their winter performance is solid. The Town Car performed better on take off in the snow and on rain surfaces than the Vic. I think that is due to the air ride suspension in the Town Car. My Marquis sets the bar on winter performance of the ones I have owned. It has the touring package combined with the air ride and that has been a real treat for getting around in poor weather conditions. I am not sure what the suspension is on the police interceptor.. If you are just looking for that body style, I would look for one with the touring package with air ride. Don't forget these are big heavy cars so they do not stop on a dime when its slick, so careful driving is a must. I have never had one whip around or slide out of control on me so they are sure footed. I have had my Vic, the one with the standard suspension, break the back tires loose and not want to hook up when it was wet and especially when it was snowing. I put a lot of miles on my cars and they are well built and easy on maintenance. I bought each of them with around 50k and got rid of the town car with 337k and the Vic with 300k. Both were still running fine and in good shape. My Marquis has 174k on it and I have not had to do anything but normal maintenance. Well except for an electrical upgrade for my stereo system. Hope my info helps out and good luck with your search for one of the big bodies from fomoco.

Edited by photochrisb931

Barstad

I don't want the cop model because I want the smallest possible engine for best possible MPG (what kind of mpg do you get btw?). They are heavy, but I have an Aztek so I know what thats all about.

Winn:

I think its because I like them

I don't want the cop model because I want the smallest possible engine for best possible MPG (what kind of mpg do you get btw?). They are heavy, but I have an Aztek so I know what thats all about.

Winn:

I get around 23mpg for mixed driving. I used to get around 27 mpg on the interstates but with the current state of 10% ethanol fuel it has dropped to 25mpg. If I just do in town it is around 20mpg. Engine wise there is only one option in the models from around 90 forward and that is a 4.6L V8. Better than most SUVs and as much space as a large SUV plus the ride is amazing.

Barstad

Winn:

I get around 23mpg for mixed driving. I used to get around 27 mpg on the interstates but with the current state of 10% ethanol fuel it has dropped to 25mpg. If I just do in town it is around 20mpg. Engine wise there is only one option in the models from around 90 forward and that is a 4.6L V8. Better than most SUVs and as much space as a large SUV plus the ride is amazing.

better than the Aztek gets.. Its supposed to get 26 highway but no way in HELL is that the case. shit, while we are at it, how big of a box can you fit in the trunk of those fuckers?

Edited by Tek

I have just had two twelves in a four cubic feet box in mine so that I could maintain a large amount of my trunk space. I saw a crown vic or maybe it was a lincoln in a post on here that had something like 8 or 10 tens in it. So the trunk is huge. I have seen in my local shop an install with two Treo SS 18's it took up the majority of the trunk once you included extra batteries and amp rack. My guess would be around ten cubic feet internal volume would be around the limit but i have never measured it nor looked up the total cubic feet of the trunk. I have to haul gear in mine for work, so I have never put a huge box in. The reason I did the big 3 electrical upgrade is the stock wires were small, old and not able to keep up with the 1k i was pushing and my head lights would dim at the moment my air ride pump would kick on if I was pounding my system. My amp pulls 60 amps I believe but it was just enough of a drain.

Barstad

I have just had two twelves in a four cubic feet box in mine so that I could maintain a large amount of my trunk space. I saw a crown vic or maybe it was a lincoln in a post on here that had something like 8 or 10 tens in it. So the trunk is huge. I have seen in my local shop an install with two Treo SS 18's it took up the majority of the trunk once you included extra batteries and amp rack. My guess would be around ten cubic feet internal volume would be around the limit but i have never measured it nor looked up the total cubic feet of the trunk. I have to haul gear in mine for work, so I have never put a huge box in. The reason I did the big 3 electrical upgrade is the stock wires were small, old and not able to keep up with the 1k i was pushing and my head lights would dim at the moment my air ride pump would kick on if I was pounding my system. My amp pulls 60 amps I believe but it was just enough of a drain.

Barstad