Sonic Electronix

I have heard this on the forum and i dont know any decent information on how mixing subs wont work... MY random guess out the ass is frequency response?

So why not mix them or why your not suppose to

The guy from i believe techforce(NOTSURE) uses different sizes and gets good results?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Generally because the subs will behave differently when reproducing a given frequency. They'll unload at different power levels and frequencies, as well as have different group delay. Basically just think of everything that a sub does in a certain box, and realize that a different sub in a different box is going to do everything a little differently, no matter how much you try to make them act the same.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

and it looks bad.

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

Any even minor differences in how the sub behaves, and how it reproduces/responds to certain frequencies, will cause destructive interference... The system will sound quieter and less clean.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Oh..... you knew dam well I was gonna chime in on this one! LOL! Here's what I gather about the rumor that started about mixing subs... If you put different size or different brand subs in the same cabinet without partitioning them off, the stiffer ones or smaller ones will move differently and the power to the subs will not be evenly distributed... will be more going to the smaller ones I believe...

People have mixed sub sizes since I can remember. (I have been into car audio since the late eighties and never had any problems mixing subs) usually when you mix sub sizes you put them into different chambers. You also can tune them to different frequencies like I did in frankenstein. you are basically doing the same thing when you mix diferent size mid range speakers. One thing you cannot do because it will cause cancelation is put different subs in different cabinets on the same amp. What I did was tune the 18's to around 26hz and the 15's to around 36 hz to get a wide range of play.

Edited by techforce

As far as looking bad... if it is done tastefully, it will look real good. I have people tell me franky looks ghetto... I have seen thousands of installs with the same subs that look way more ghetto than it does... I am a strong believer in finishing cabinets and running wires neatly...

I don't think this looks too dam bad????

163543_1558491880219_1172933547_31317100_8323729_n.jpg

Edited by techforce

As far as looking bad... if it is done tastefully, it will look real good. I have people tell me franky looks ghetto... I have seen thousands of installs with the same subs that look way more ghetto than it does... I am a strong believer in finishing cabinets and running wires neatly...

im talking about mixing fi with plye or kenwood with jl. it just looks like shit. IMO

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

I don't think this looks too dam bad????

163543_1558491880219_1172933547_31317100_8323729_n.jpg

no way in hell that looks bad, thats a great setup.

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

im talking about mixing fi with plye or kenwood with jl. it just looks like shit. IMO

Oh.. yeah... that looks like screwed over hell! LMAO! Ain't nothing like seing 4 subs, same size, all different brands and different colors!

Mixing an FI sub with a Pyle sub is like mixing a King with a Challenged peasant....

Thats a disgrace LOL <_<

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE