I'm in the market for a new head unit with a budget of around $200. The 2 main things I want it to have are a USB for playing and charging my Ipod and at least 4 volt outputs. I've heard a lot of good things about JVC and they really seem to give you some nice features for the price(especially 3 5volt outputs). Anyone have any experience with them and opinions? Not really interested in Pioneer because of all the noise issues they have and Alpine only puts the 4 volt outputs on the more expensive models.

TDH FTW !!!

JVC makes some neat stuff.

2 volt pre outs arent that bad in reference to alpines. Only thing i dont like about the 9886 is that the ipod function is slow.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

2 volt pre outs arent that bad in reference to alpines. Only thing i dont like about the 9886 is that the ipod function is slow.

they say 2 volt pre out but its really around 1 - 1.5

i had a jvc before. i upgraded to a bran new 4 volt kenwood. made a night and day difference.

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

Yeah, i had 2 higher end JVC head units, they sounded like shit compared to a $70 pioneer, the 4 volt preouts REALLY make a difference, like he said. i will pm you a link to a headunit you should get.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

i had a jvc before. i upgraded to a bran new 4 volt kenwood. made a night and day difference.

Yeah actually the new Kenwood Excelon for $179 was my first choice. Heard mixed reviews on it but most were good. So the sound quality on the Kenwood was that much better than the JVC?

TDH FTW !!!

Yeah, i had 2 higher end JVC head units, they sounded like shit compared to a $70 pioneer, the 4 volt preouts REALLY make a difference, like he said. i will pm you a link to a headunit you should get.

I have looked at the Pioneers also but the whole noise issue from the RCA's is something I don't want to take a chance on, especially after I saw the ghetto way that Pioneer recommends to fix it.

TDH FTW !!!

Yeah actually the new Kenwood Excelon for $179 was my first choice. Heard mixed reviews on it but most were good. So the sound quality on the Kenwood was that much better than the JVC?

whats the model number of the kenwood you are looking at?

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

yes

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png