jdamb Posted February 22, 2011 Author Report Posted February 22, 2011 Question guys. i've searched all over the internet and cannot find anything. what will be a proper cubic foot specification for the box i want to build for the 15 massive dmx. thanks guys. i wanna have 28-40hz No need to ask, I got your shit done. Speaker brand and type doesn't play too much of a factor in it. Let me finish your shit up and you'll be surprised at the difference. thanks big dog, and im going to have to dissagree, the box i have now had a powerbass xxxl 15 in it and it was very loud, only with a 3.5 inch port. i put the 27.5 inch port in and my sub and it was louder with the longer port but like you said with the small box and 1/4 port its 16.xx hz lmao the pb did have a 5500 watt amp tho... 1997 GMC Sierra 1 15' Massive DMX Audiopipe 1500w class d Project Reptar! Gunnin for 150db
jdamb Posted February 23, 2011 Author Report Posted February 23, 2011 im dropping my box off at wicked kustomz in lima ohio tomorrow. they are putting a 2nd baffle in and changing the port. 1997 GMC Sierra 1 15' Massive DMX Audiopipe 1500w class d Project Reptar! Gunnin for 150db
Applejack Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 GGGRROAWRRWWERRGGGGRROAWRRWWERRG Midwest Car Audio is on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Midwest-Car-Audio-Association/101253286585630
Maxim Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 GGGRROAWRRWWERRGGGGRROAWRRWWERRG wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
mxer111 Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 At this point i wouldnt worry about the numbers too much anyway. Crush the lows and flex like hell. You want it to take your breath away at 32 hz not give you a ear itch at 55hz Thats what trucks are all about. Unless your gonna compete.....F the meter. If it feels loud it feels loud. Looking for a CRX to get back in the game. And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM
Infinite913 Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 Im rocking 1 18" Zcon in an 8 cubic box tuned to 33hz in a jimmy with all the proper deadener done to it and im pushing this sub with a SAZ3k and I did a 145.7 at 33hz on music and I burped a 149.2 at 34hz. All I have to say is I had two of those MASSIVES and although they sound good IMO they are not anything that you want to keep. I ended up getting rid of mine! I also live in michigan so I just hope you didnt end up with any of the ones I sold lol! Nothing wrong with them just would be rather funny on my part! Im with mxer111 F the meter and go for broke bro! My shit sounds A LOT louder than 145.7 and thats all I care about! if you want a number truck then make a number truck. It is hard to take a daily driver and break into the 50's on music! You gotta spend the cash! I am hoping after adding this other 18 and 7k from stetsom that I will make it into the 150+ club and I want to do my shit on MUSIC!
jdamb Posted February 23, 2011 Author Report Posted February 23, 2011 Words well said both above me. im with the both of you on this 1997 GMC Sierra 1 15' Massive DMX Audiopipe 1500w class d Project Reptar! Gunnin for 150db
jdamb Posted February 24, 2011 Author Report Posted February 24, 2011 got outta class at 6 and went up to wicked kustomz and didnt leave until 1am. rob stayed till 1am with me making sure everything was right and sounding great. 135.1db with stock alternator and stock wiring with 1 battery 1997 GMC Sierra 1 15' Massive DMX Audiopipe 1500w class d Project Reptar! Gunnin for 150db
5K Mobile Electronics Posted February 24, 2011 Report Posted February 24, 2011 im dropping my box off at wicked kustomz in lima ohio tomorrow. they are putting a 2nd baffle in and changing the port. Dude, did you really drive down to ohio? I probably should have chimed in at the beginning of this post and let you know I have a shop in westland and I'm always down to help out somebody who's willing to learn and try things for themselves. My shop is on Wayne rd, between mi ave and ford rd. DJ Scarface and Underlok have stopped by and checked out some of my work(btw, UnderLok's Trailblazer is SICK), hit me up before you make the trek down to ohio again. Check out our Youtube Channel and "Like" us on Facebook!
michigancapri92 Posted February 24, 2011 Report Posted February 24, 2011 thread jack but 5k i would love once the weather breaks to check your shop out if you dont mind ! Teamcapri.comThe TeamCapri 1992 Mercury Capri XR22012 FORD EDGE SQ BUILDOld build logMy FeedBack1992 Mercury capri XR2 Hyper LED
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.