Sonic Electronix

whichever is cheaper. why not run the aq1200 @ 1ohm?

Because i beleive the sdc 12's are d4 so that means they can be run at 8 or 2 ohms i think? I could be wrong, im new to car audio.

no they can be run at 1 ohm or 4. use the12volt for your wiring needs

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

It comes down to what you personally like. I have never owned a DD product and probly never will. Nothing against them, I just dont like anything they make for one reason or another. The AQ line up is pretty stout for the price you pay. Their amps are strong and their subs are built well. The customer service at AQ is really fast at answering tech questions about enclosures and things like that. Good luck with whatever you choose, either one will make you happy!

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

It comes down to what you personally like. I have never owned a DD product and probly never will. Nothing against them, I just dont like anything they make for one reason or another. The AQ line up is pretty stout for the price you pay. Their amps are strong and their subs are built well. The customer service at AQ is really fast at answering tech questions about enclosures and things like that. Good luck with whatever you choose, either one will make you happy!

I have heard good things about both an that makes me feel better with wht my choice is. I also heard they are run by the same family or theyre family companies i dont know something like that. Thank you for the response.

If your not going aq hdc id go with the DD woofer choice due to the higher build quality of the woofers alone..

As for amps, no one said you cant use DD woofers with AQ amps or vice versa.

So deff DD subs, and save yourself some cash on the amp and go with aq.

The reason why i put them like that is because they matched up perfectly DD subs are 500 rms and i can get 1000 watts out of the DD amp and its "perfect" and the AQ subs are 600 rms and amp is 1200 watts but if i went with the DD subs and AQ amp i would be over powering by 200rms total. Is being over by 200 bad?

DD, they put up numbers, and out of all the woofers i've had i'd say my 2 dd 3512's were my favorite sounding..

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

If your not going aq hdc id go with the DD woofer choice due to the higher build quality of the woofers alone..

^^^Take this advice, I would choose the AQ line of amps for sure. No sense in paying for the DD name for the amp.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

^^^Take this advice, I would choose the AQ line of amps for sure. No sense in paying for the DD name for the amp.

I dont know the pricing of the dd products (I'm going to be calling tomorrow) but im assuming their amps are more exspensive?

Archived