Basically, I live in a nice middle class town that has no crime whatsoever ,but I work in a rough part of town a few cities west of me. I've had a gun pulled on me twice. Once I walked up on a fight involving about 6 people and I guess I scared the guy with the gun, so he pointed it at me and then ran. The most recent, a guy attempted to rob me ,but I told him I had no cash on me and showed him my wallet so he fled. Both times I nearly shit my pants and have been extremely lucky. Both of them probably could have pulled the trigger and got away with it because no one was around. I know if it happens again I might not be so lucky.

So basically after looking at the gun laws for my state I see that a guardian can purchase a pistol for someone over the age of 18 (I'm 19) as a gift. So my dad has agreed to buy me a .40 for graduation (associate's degree). THIS WILL NOT BE A STRAW PURCHASE! But, I haven't found anything that states clearly whether someone between 18-21 can carry or not.

Now, I've been shooting guns since I was about 5, I've taken the hunter's education course, and have shot probably 50-75 guns in my life, icluding pistols. So I'm not a beginner and I know what I'm doing. I don't want to ever, ever have to use lethal force on someone ,but that goes out the window when it comes down to my life or theirs.

So does anyone know if it's at all possible to carry at 18? I know you have to be 21 to get your CCW, but I heard that there were some exceptions. Like if you feel your life could be in danger (and trust me everytime I walk through that part of town my life is in danger).

id ask a cop / state trooperjust to be safe

NEVER ask a cop for legal advice. personal experience has taught me that if you ask 5 different police officers about weapons related laws, you will get 6 different answers. i can absolutely school any officer in georgia about weapons laws, i can even provide them with direct quotes and section / code numbers.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Fa sho, I carry my 1911 in the car with me all the time and Friday I am going to get my permit. My new Tague holster is pretty nice, much better than the serpa. If you have a permit it says in 308 you can take it on school property but it cannot leave your vehicle. And I thought it was federal law that prevented anyone under 21 from carrying?

Indeed, Mississippi is a “shall issue” state, meaning that they generally cannot withhold a license to carry a concealed pistol or revolver to anyone over 21 years of age, although there are restrictions as to where they can carry such concealed weapons.

Fa sho, I carry my 1911 in the car with me all the time and Friday I am going to get my permit. My new Tague holster is pretty nice, much better than the serpa. If you have a permit it says in 308 you can take it on school property but it cannot leave your vehicle.

you are correct sir.

dude, you really need to slide on over to http://www.georgiapacking.org, and join the conversation (my username is 308sniper). its a great forum. also, join georgiacarry.org, its 15$ a year and it the absolute BEST pro 2A group in the country. they get the fuckin' results here in GA.

btw - your avatar fuckin' kills me dude....

Edited by Hugh G. Rection

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Perfect example of that, does anybody remember "Black Talon" ammunition from Winchester? The lawmakers banned them because they were designed to be more deadly. I mean really, THEY ARE BULLETS!! This is what happens when stupid people are placed in charge.

Oh you mean like the Ranger Talons i carry on duty...Same thing as the black talon's just renamed because the black color was removed ;)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Fa sho, I carry my 1911 in the car with me all the time and Friday I am going to get my permit. My new Tague holster is pretty nice, much better than the serpa. If you have a permit it says in 308 you can take it on school property but it cannot leave your vehicle.

you are correct sir.

dude, you really need to slide on over to http://www.georgiapacking.org, and join the conversation (my username is 308sniper). its a great forum. also, join georgiacarry.org, its 15$ a year and it the absolute BEST pro 2A group in the country. they get the fuckin' results here in GA.

btw - your avatar fuckin' kills me dude....

I have been reading some on there and seeing some of the bills they supported and passed, they do damn fine work over there. Georgia Carry FTW

Yes you can receive it in VA as a gift under the age of 21 you just cant posess a CCW for it until you are 21

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Perfect example of that, does anybody remember "Black Talon" ammunition from Winchester? The lawmakers banned them because they were designed to be more deadly. I mean really, THEY ARE BULLETS!! This is what happens when stupid people are placed in charge.

Oh you mean like the Ranger Talons i carry on duty...Same thing as the black talon's just renamed because the black color was removed ;)

Exactly!!

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png