how do i take a screen shot on my PC

i see everybody able to do this but im a tard with computers and would like to learn this. like i said im not very smart with computers so if you can help me be easy if i have trouble understanding at first lol.trying to get onfo for court over my kids so its important to me and my fam. thanks people

ctrl + print screen

paste into paint and save. Then upload to photobucket.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

PrtScn (printscreen) will take a screenshot of your entire screen. Alt + PrtScn will take a screenshot of the active window only.

i tried both bt nothing happened. hmm maybe if i restart my PC and try again? like i said im a total tard with this stuff. i pushed the alt + printscreen button, and under printscreen on the button it says sysrq too, is that the right button? lol thanks for the help though so far guys

Just push prt scr and then paste the image into paint and save it then upload to photobucket.

ok see i have no clue on that lol sorry for the lack of knoledge. what im trying to do is taek a screen shot of my ex, kids moms FB page to use in court. shes a complete junky and posts all about it and i need to get that so i can show the courts and try and get my kids. been worried sick about them and she decided to move her and my kids out of state, without mine or the courts permision. and ive seen the BS she posts about taking these pills and doing these drugs and i dont want my kids around that lifestyle. i havent seen them since june and she wont let me have anything to do with them.... mainly cuz she got evicted and told me shes was moving out of state, i said she couldnt do that and that was it. made a few calls to see my options but nothing came of that so now court is the last try and want all the info i can get to help my side of it all. sorry for being long winded but im in need of this help bad. thanks for tryin guys

i should of added i tried all of that and nothing :sad:

Edited by cracker

Do you have a "fn" or function button? The print screen button also has another command, try holding "fn" and print screen.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Take-a-screen-capture-print-screen

To copy the entire screen

Press PRINT SCREEN.

To copy only an active window

Press ALT+PRINT SCREEN.

Tip

Tip

You can paste your screen capture into Paint, which is a drawing program you can use to crop, rotate, and resize pictures.

To paste a screen capture into a Paint file

Open Paint by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then clicking Paint.

Click Edit, and then click Paste.

ok ok ok lol i GOT it lol thanks sooo much guys. guess i was thinking it was harder than it really is. now i feel just a bit smarter lol again thanks BIG TIME. this will def help me out with court.