Second Skin Audio

24" Subwoofer - It's ONLY $ 12,500

redbaron80

am i the only one who noticed the 90 day warranty on the 13,000 dollar sub? something like that should come with a lifetime warranty no questions asked

You can't warranty user error period.

A 90 day warranty is usually long enough to detect manufacture defects. And that's all they should cover anyways.

i still think it should come with a lifetime warranty considering it probably cost no where near 12,500 to build the sub

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

am i the only one who noticed the 90 day warranty on the 13,000 dollar sub? something like that should come with a lifetime warranty no questions asked

You can't warranty user error period.

A 90 day warranty is usually long enough to detect manufacture defects. And that's all they should cover anyways.

i still think it should come with a lifetime warranty considering it probably cost no where near 12,500 to build the sub

A lot of products people buy overprice cost nowhere near that to make it, yet doesn't come with a lifetime warranty.

R&D cost money. Plus all the special tooling cost, and that's before the sub is even made.

There's some high end Home Audio speakers that's in the upwards of 30grand. And I'm sure it doesn't cost no where NEAR that to make it. But it took thousands of man hours, and 100 thousands for tooling cost before they could produce anything.

Take TV companies like Samsung.

They could produce a 300" LED 3-D TV for say 30 grand.

Nobody complains about that.

You can get you a 40in same TV for 800 dollars.

The 40in will look better, and are you saying people are stupid for buying the 300in TV, when they could have the 40in to do the same thing, but in a way small package, no.

Same thing applies.

I can't break it down anymore.

Leave MTX alone. They are must be doing something right, to be able to spend all that money to create something nobody hardly will ever buy. And yet still do very well in this industry.

Do I think its a waste? Sure.

But I'm not going to down the product or company for doing something different.

I've got a question. How many other SINGLE subs out there can handle the power a Jack Hammer can? Not many and the ones that can when did they come out? I'd be willing to bet it was AFTER the Jack Hammer. I give MTX props for just that. Its a pretty exclusive club.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Ferrari will beat it on the track, everyday again and again.

The GT will only win in a straight line.(dragrace)

See what i mean?

THe jackhammer is a good sub, since they didn't do like audiobahn and put a normal motor behind a huge cone.

They rebuild the whole woofer from top to bottom, it's a beast, like the T15k from RF.

T15k is also waay to big, "only" does 15-18kw for it's size.(a SD 16k does the same, at a quarter of the volume needed to install it.)

I'm sure the Jackhammer can be loud and keep on playing for a long time on high power(6-7+k watts) without blowing.

trash....they don't even have specs on that thing

dc Lvl6 doesn't has any specs.. so it's trash too? :facepalm: :drink40:

But the T15k also has far far superior tech behind it. Also being over 100% efficient making power at 300amps as opposed to 2000amps.

Can't compare T15k to any normal amp.

People doesn't appreciate anything, and we wonder why the youth the it is.

RF T15k is a amazing piece of work, just like the topic at hand.

Is it something we could live without, sure.

But still, its sweet seeing companies actually doing something different.

Anybody can do the same thing over and over.

Plus the R&D from the T15K wasn't wasted, as its technology founds it way into other projects and I'm sure will find its way into new products.

Archived