Second Skin Audio

Types of Enclosures

Trippi

I've been seeing more and more 4th and 6th order walls on here..just wondering how many types of enclosures there are and the pros and cons of each. Anyone on here care to breakdown the different types of boxes? I know I could just search the net for the answers but I just thought it would be nice to have it on here..if it's not already. Plus it's good to heard different points of views..

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

I've been seeing more and more 4th and 6th order walls on here..just wondering how many types of enclosures there are and the pros and cons of each. Anyone on here care to breakdown the different types of boxes? I know I could just search the net for the answers but I just thought it would be nice to have it on here..if it's not already. Plus it's good to heard different points of views..

There are honestly 4 types of enclosures over all, sealed, ported, 4th order (bandpass) and 6th order (series tuned bandpass).

the pros and cons really depend on the subs you're using, sealed and ported are more musical than 4th and 6th orders, BUT, im some cases, subs are better suited for a 6th order than a ported or sealed, some 6th orders can be sloppy and loud, and some can have a high range of fidelity and be as accurate as could be, it all really depends on the sub.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

There are honestly 4 types of enclosures over all, sealed, ported, 4th order (bandpass) and 6th order (series tuned bandpass).

What about infinite baffle? Technically not and enclosure but still and option.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

the pros and cons really depend on the subs you're using, sealed and ported are more musical than 4th and 6th orders, BUT, im some cases, subs are better suited for a 6th order than a ported or sealed, some 6th orders can be sloppy and loud, and some can have a high range of fidelity and be as accurate as could be, it all really depends on the sub.

Theres more than 4 bro...here's a link to a few different ones.

http://www.caraudiohelp.com/custom_car_audio_boxes/custom_car_audio_boxes.htm

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes.asp

Check out the second link for a more complete list.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

Archived