Sundown Audio

Audioque AQ750 released!

hdorre

Realistic voltage..hmm....i sit at 15.1 at idle, 14.8 full tilt, lol. I haven't seen anything lower than 14.4 in like..3 years, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

What does this amp put out at a realistic voltage, 12-13v??? around 600-750ish?

Remember this is a 750w amplifier at 1% THD at 1ohm...

Then you gain 250w at the same ohm, but it adds 4% THD = 250 extra watts...

so if 4% THD gives me 250w rms, what if we rated all amps at 5% THD then?? I'm sure ALOT of other decent brands would sell ALOT MORE!!!

Not JL, but Kicker, Memphis, RF, etc.... take their 1% rating & change it to 5%...

Now they are higher wattage for less money :)

all i'm saying is go with a brand that your ABLE to buy in a store... They can't just screw you over, they have a brand name to protect, a reputation, a history of this great industry... not somebody re-badging power acoustik amps & making profit on consumers that don't know any better.... that's wrong in my eyes..

Wow your really stretching that right there man. Your way off about these companies. These companies have better rep than all those big corperate companies i think. How many times you called jl audio and talked to the owner??

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

Which AQ are you referring to?

And I have to disagree, a clean system with great sounds is not the same as a SQ setup. Different beasts entirely. I've built 153+ out of the trunk with my highest score 157.6 on music non walled in my silverado. I have numbers too. But find me the largest JL amp and look at its price, and them compare to the AQ3500, sundown 2500, 3000, crescendo 3kw, RF T4000 and T2500.

I can see the JL being a good amp, but price needs to be factored, also JL up here in Alaska is NOT cheap. I can understand shipping but it is a rip off. I am rebuilding now planning on walling three DC level 5s with 15000rms. That sure is a lot of JL 500.1s just for damping and sq....where its really not going to matter.

I do agree with what your saying.. JL & some other great brands do not make SPL beast amplifiers & when you get to the 5000w+ range then you WILL either sacrifice SQ or ALOT of $$$

I was speaking about this 750w AQ amp.. for the money, it's not a good deal.. A 500/1 will SPANK this amp...of course not a 3500w...

And last I checked, the JL500.1 was like...$400 before shipping. This isn't a case of a little bit more, you're looking at more than double the cost for lower output bit with damping and thd to your liking.

Cheapest internet price... $160 + shipping Same price, check eBay...Not the V2, the original

Realistic voltage..hmm....i sit at 15.1 at idle, 14.8 full tilt, lol. I haven't seen anything lower than 14.4 in like..3 years, lol

that's great.. Average people don't have the funds to do this correctly...

You crazy SPL guys that are over 2K need not to apply to my rants..

I'm upset at a 750wrms amp for $200, when you can get better for the same money..not just JL

So, go instore not to get screwed but buy off of eBay? Lol. And I think you may have been right, it may have been the v2 I saw, didn't pay attention. I honestly wouldn't get the JL500.1, but I also wouldn't get the aq750. The only time I see myself touching any of these if a customer stops in looking for something small and efficient.

I don't hate JL, just have to find a decent price.

JL nuthugger there, i thought this was suppose to be about the AQ750, not some overpriced JL stuff.

Although I believe the thread was kind of hijacked, I also believe when talking about a specific piece of equipment, its performance and how it stacks up against others in its class is completely relevant.

Don't bash the AQ, but I believe nash has a good point.

alright ignore JL.. I'm talking 1000wRMS amps & UNDER!!

What about

MMATS

Crossfire

Earthquake

Arc Audio

soundstream

cadence

How about this... This RF amplifier P1000-1BD

1000wrms, better specs & i'm sure better support...

Almost the same price.. Why should I buy a AQ amp that does 750wrms for the same amount of money??

JL nuthugger there, i thought this was suppose to be about the AQ750, not some overpriced JL stuff.

Although I believe the thread was kind of hijacked, I also believe when talking about a specific piece of equipment, its performance and how it stacks up against others in its class is completely relevant.

Don't bash the AQ, but I believe nash has a good point.

Yeah i agree with him too on finding amps in that rms range cheaper.

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

Archived