Sonic Electronix

My home system is an AIWA BMZ-K2 400 watts peak (o come on, i dont have a car yet).

And when i play Bass Rave by Bass Mekanik, i covered the 3" circular port

When i do, the speaker excursion goes a little farther. And then the speakers start to "pop" and do other noises, like its bottoming out. That's where it scares me, because this system is awesome and i dont want to break a christmas present thats not under warranty anymore  :V.

The speakers do a good job of dimming the lights in my room a crapload by 1/2 the normal brightness :^

BTW, the system has 4 4.5" woofers, 2 4.5" subs, 2 2.5" tweeters and 2 2.5" "super" tweeters

Total of 10 speakers

When i play music, i plug in my ipod nano through the Audio ports on the front

I put the nano on full blast, and have my Stereo on 25/31 volume (dont ask why its 31)

When you search the stereo, make sure its BMZ-K2 and not BMZ-K1

Subs              No Subs

This thing really shakes everything in my room also

Just For Show, My System

Posted Image

Closeup of unit

Posted Image

Whole Unit

Posted Image

Sub on Right channel

Posted Image

Right channel, 2 woofers shown (yes, that is a Drug and Alcohol ruler, its the only one i had lying around)

Top left = Tweeter

Top right = "Super" Tweeter

Tweeters switched on Left channel

Posted Image

Port

Posted Image

Close up inside (SONY Brand speakers?!)

and btw, i placed the speakers right next to my chair for "optimum" performance  ;)

I remember my days of home audio before i had a car.........

Your learning early the disadvantages of sealed boxes yuk

hahaha, yea. But ill never do it again for that song

Sometimes, the speakers move less when i seal the box up, why does it do that??

before i got my truck i was a house audio fanatic. but that was 9 years ago and i've been making my dreams come true every since

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

It took me awhile to understand why a ported woofer have less excursion than a sealed box woofer, same air space, same woofer. In a ported box, the port and woofer fight to both produce the same frequency, and since they fight eachother, at the port tunning freq, the woofer has the LEAST amount of excursion, but end up poducing More sound than sealed.  its all kind of wierd when you think about it

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

dims the lights????? wtf lol thats funny shit...your house powered by a mini cooper?

but that is a nice stereo wish i had one like that when i was a kid.

edit: also are your woofers built into the main unit?

hahahahahah, lmao, no its a 50 year old house so thats prob why

and yea, 2 woofers and the sub are built in. not into the head unit, in the speakers

It took me awhile to understand why a ported woofer have less excursion than a sealed box woofer, same air space, same woofer. In a ported box, the port and woofer fight to both produce the same frequency, and since they fight eachother, at the port tunning freq, the woofer has the LEAST amount of excursion, but end up poducing More sound than sealed.  its all kind of wierd when you think about it

yea i know, it was a little more unclear than if it was ported, but how do i check the port freq tuning? i really want to know

dude even if ur house is 50 years old, it shouldnt dim. u have some wiring problems it sounds like. i kno ppl with some bad ass ht's in older houses that dont make anything dim.

uhh, well i DO have my stereo, PS2, Computer, TV Antenna, and Printer plugged into one of those 6-plug extension outlet things.

But i only have on my Computer on 100% of the time (with monitor = 2 plugs used)

so thats prob the problen rite?

post-14-1160962333.jpg

DSC01336.JPG_thumb

post-14-1160962336.jpg

DSC01337.JPG_thumb

Archived