Do Line Drivers Help?

I honestly dont see line drivers helping. I have a audio control line driver that came with my car. Tried it on a few different amps. The only thing I noticed is it gives you a higher rca input voltage, which in return a lower amp gain. I ran it on my kicker 1200.1, interfire 2900, spl dynamics, and my buddys audiobahn 2300 when I borrowed it. I noticed no difference with the gains set properly.

If your not using a line driver and you have 2volt preamps, then you match your gain on the amp too 2 volts. If you got a 2volt preamps and say an audio control line driver set at 5 volts, you match your gains to 5 volts.

Either way your going to be having the same amperage draw on your electrical system, and the same rms wattage comming out of your amp, and your amp will be working just the same. If you have a low voltage preamp outputs on your deck and your gain on your amp jacked all up high, BUT at the correct setting (and tested with a dmm) you wont be hurting your amp(s).

Theres only 2 ways I can see a line driver worth the money.

1) You have some cheap or old headunit and have like .5 volt preamp out puts. Then Id say buy one, but most likely you would be better off spending that cash on a new head unit.

2) You are running a multiable amp set up, and the amps are not linkable or strappable. Using rca Y adapaters one after another splicing the signal, will end up in a lower signal when you would want a line driver to increase that signal. Linkable and strappable amps have rca inputs and outputs, and from what I know the output voltage is the same as the input voltage from one amp to another.

If your looking at buying one. Ill sell you my audiocontrol overdrive. I think its $100.00 new. Give me a decent offer on it and include the shipping on it from zip 53083. Its in decent condition, and I can take pics of it if anyone is interested.

i say go for the linedriver bro. you can not lose and it makes a big difference in the bass and sound quality. i'm running three amps myself, and my gains are set low it sounds so sweet. i have the audiocontrol 3.1 and don't see myself getting anything else for awhile.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module