Do Line Drivers Help?

well im only going to be running 3 amps for now, one on the front output from the head, and 2 amps off of the sub output but the 2 amps are going to be straped ...would it help me any by haveing a line driver type item somewhere in the install or it wont make a noticable difference

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

yea i just looked on ebay and i found many audio controls which ive heard alot about and i know the shops in town want 180 easy for and i can possibly get one for 50 dollars shipped

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

It should help alot - I noticed a huge difference in just going from a 2.2v deck to a 4volt deck. I'm going to use a phoenix gold TLD66 on this current build, just so I can keep the amp gains (i.e. power draw) down as low as possible.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

well i have a decent but old (over a year old) kenwood deck that has 3 outputs front rear and sub, and they say its a 4v perout , i member back in the day i got ahold of a shit load of crunch 10v line drivers and i was happy with em and resold them in town for 75 each and only gave 10 a pice off ebay......so i guess my next investment will be in a good linedriver and then a cross over if its needed to help my bass some, i want my current setup to be as good as i can make it and squese each db out of it thats possible

I am with pstone11, my new HU has higher volt preamp outputs, and made a huge difference, so a line driver is bound to help.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

and just like chevyboy said...alot of good xovers r also line drivers. example: kicker has 3 xovers and they go from 5 volt out up to 9 volt out. realistically 5 volt is all u need, i dont think u will notice any higher than that (other than gains being lower)

Edited by GHOPPOMAN

well i know a line driver should help a little but ive tried to learn the xover thing but all that 1/3 octave blah blah blah confuses the hell out of me, i wouldnt even know how to realy set a external xover if i had one, anyone want to go into the xover spill and put it in trems a retard could understand?....lol ^_^

basically xover come in usually 6 or 12 db slope which means it will drop off 6 or 12 db of the set freq. per octive. i personally like the higher slope, it seems to knock out the freq i dont want better. but i guess the lower would help blend tones alittle. all u have to do is set the lpf to your highest preference u wish your subs to reproduce (usually 80 htz or lower) hpf is all a matter of size of mids. some customers dont want to hear any bass or even mid bass through their mids/highs so we set the cossover high like 400 htz. i like alot of midbass so u can go down to around 200-250 htz if your mids can handle it. just get a quality 3 way xover and set each crossover point individually to what sounds good to u and doesnt bottom out your mids/highs and u will be happy. if money is no problem get a eclipse 2102 30 band eq and crossover. by far the best thing i put in the dodge ram. i think they retail for around $350 though