First Fiberglass Project, My Youtube Channel

Slowly. It's hard to fit projects in between school and sports. And its below freezing so the garage is not my favorite place to be :No: I have put on a few layers of Bondo and am working on sanding it smooth. I think my technique was wrong. I should have tried to be neater or sanded between coats because now I have ALOT of sanding to do. sigh......

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

These pictures show what I'm dealing with. The surface came out pitted and all around sloppy. I either need alot of sanding or a thin coat to smooth it up. (I still need to add filler around the openings of the rings. Thats why they are still bare.)

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

Next to the other pod I haven't sanded yet.

DSC00068.jpg

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Got a little more progress. (Progress meaning sanding). I got fed up with my little palm sander (left) and used ye' old belt sander (right). It took me just a few minutes to sand both of them with the belt sander. Not exactly precise, but thats what the sanding block is for. They are very smooth now. I then spent some time filling in the little pin holes that were left. Maybe tomorrow I will start laying filler on the ring for the speaker. (As opposed to my english paper.... :clapping:

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Put in a couple minutes of sanding after school and now the outside is super smooth and 90% of the pin holes are gone.

I started working on the inside of the rings to fill in any gaps between the speaker and the wood. It looks messy but another small coat or two and some fancy Dremel work will knock them smooth.

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

And a little light to help them set. Its still below freezing outside but suprisingly the fiberglass and Bondo are working well

DSC00085.jpg

Big 3 with Yellow Top

• 4 weeks later...

looking good cant wait to see them installed and rocking

They wont be actually, they never turned out how I wanted them and they were kinda big. So I will re-do them when I'm done with my doors. This time they will be more integrated and flow with teh dash. Check out my door panel build log if you haven't. :drinks:

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Look o.k for first timer but get the right tool for cutting circle. There are some very good bondo you can use that don't give you "pin" holes.. Try evercoat bondo.. I hate sanding, sanding, and sanding..

Archived