How long til a hoe starts to go?

Well lately i've been looking on craigslist at some tahoes/yukons because my mom is finally starting to succomb to the idea that she might let me trade my exploder for a 4 door chevy. Most of the tahoes that i look at that have people willing to trade/sell near what i'd have after selling mine have 160k-230k miles. Most of them have the 5.7l vortec and only one of them that i've seen has the 5.3l. I'm just wondering that IF I DID TRADE, if these engines were well maintained how much more driveability would they have left before i was having to replace some major stuff?

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

i cant be a complete help but i bought a 2000 hoe last year new body style for 8Gs. it had 105K ive had it for about 16 months and now it has like 115K and i have had no major problems. come to think of it the only problem ive had was a bad window motor a couple months ago. everything is runnin fine. 4wd works like it should. but again it dont have that many miles. hope this helps a little lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

i cant be a complete help but i bought a 2000 hoe last year new body style for 8Gs. it had 105K ive had it for about 16 months and now it has like 115K and i have had no major problems. come to think of it the only problem ive had was a bad window motor a couple months ago. everything is runnin fine. 4wd works like it should. but again it dont have that many miles. hope this helps a little lol

yeah, any input helps lol, especially since the one i'm mainly looking at is a 2000, this one to be exact

http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/2233014518.html

and i'm not really in a hurry to get a new car at all, just seeing what i can expect for a trade for my car+ some cash

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

Build in Progress

id try to find ones with lower miles, the engines should be good for a long time if taken care of. but stuff like bushings, suspension and that stuff if driven alot dont have much life after 100k. You can get lucky and have them last a long time if its mainly highway miles on them

3rd row and leather make the truck more. but since it has 230K i can see spending more then mabey 4 grand. you never really know what your getting with a used car. esspecially with craigslist. but yea id look for some with max 150k. but this all depends on how much your willing to spend

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

id try to find ones with lower miles, the engines should be good for a long time if taken care of. but stuff like bushings, suspension and that stuff if driven alot dont have much life after 100k. You can get lucky and have them last a long time if its mainly highway miles on them

i'm trying to, but tahoes stay relatively expensive because of the fact that they come with leather. And it's somewhat tough to find any of them without a lot of miles because everyone uses them for their daily if they have them

Build in Progress

yeah true, im lookin for a new car myself.....test drove a caliber today, but its just not for me

oh nice, i'm not really into cars, the only car i could see myself driving is a cts, and i can find those around me that are like 03 for about $7k, which isn't bad, but i won't have that kind of money until graduation, and i'd rather just get a nicer suv then.

Build in Progress

I have a 97 tahoe, as far as engine its strong as hell, each and every smog its extremely clean. suspension was messed with before i bought it and they were idiots so cant really speak on that. Think the worst thing my tahoe has ever seen is this damn BTL 18" i got in the back lol. beating the shit out of it. think im at 120k give or take some. not bad for the year it is.

SMDSIG3.png

Gas is about to go up ALOT, a SUV maybe isnt the best idea right now.. lol

Just due to the middle east drama, gas should be about doubling. Oil price went up 20% today alone, and may go to $250 a barrel, more than twice normal

BUT, on the other hand, I have a 2000 GMC Yukon Denali, and I love it, minus it getting stolen, and molested, and then given back to me.

I drive the thing like a Corvette, besides my own problems I have caused my truck, like universals, and shocks, its runs like a champ, and is VERY reliable

I pull burn outs, accelerate very fast, hot the freeway constantly over 90mph, hot corners hard, etc

Mine is lowered 4/6" and I killed the shocks buying a pallet of speaker motors that was over 1 ton, hauled in the back of my truck, drove about 30miles

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.