Voltage Issues/Big 3 Help

Ok, so here is the problem. I just installed a new system in a car and it has the battery up under the wheel well(Chrysler) and then there are posts up under the hood for Pos/Neg. I ran my 1/0 to the positive post under the hood back to my amps and grounded in my trunk. New Dakota Digital voltage meter installed and when the system is turned up, she drops to as low as 9.5, which obviously is gonna kill my shit quickly. I've got an alt on the way and will do a 2nd battery as well,but I am getting different opinions as where I should have my positive wire up front. Should it go directly to the battery under the wheel well or to the positive post under the hood. Were only talking 2000 watts so it shouldn't be quite so low.Here are some stock pics and not showing the stereo power wire as it is dark out right now. Any help would be appreciated. Also, with the way this car is wired, I am getting some who think using 4 gauge instead of 1/0 would be better for the big 3 part of the wiring, which doesn't seem logical, but that's why I am asking. It's all top if the line wire, (KNU), amps, everything. HHMMMMMM??????

Bring_021.jpg

Battery_in_place.jpg

Edited by arthurk

Arc Audio

Pioneer

Memphis

Massive

Mechman

Rockford Fosgate

Dakota Digital

Soon to be DC audio!!!

personally id say go straight to the batt, just make sure it is protected/covered well to prevent it from shorting out. i have a co-worker whose truck has the same style setup but his battery is underneath the air dam for his truck and the guys who installed his system for him put the positive wire of his amp to the aux wire on the engine. You have to remember, that wire that they have running to the extra post that is relocated in your engine bay is probably at most 4 gauge wire and its meant to run ONLY your cars accessories and a few other small devices, not a 2kw system. So if i were you, and you can, get the positive wire for your amp(s) and put it straight to that battery because then its a dedicated power wire just for your amp(s) and isnt sharing a heavy load with the rest of the cars electrical.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

heres what id say to buy, i used them before in my old car before i had the xs power batt to hook right to the top leads and they work great:

http://darvex.com/store/pc/XScorpion-Standard-GM-Battery-Terminal-14p234.htm

Its just like the stock bolt that is holding the positive and negative lead on your battery itself but it has an extra nut on it dedicated to the extra power/ground wires for your amp and alternator. Id suggest to get 2 because since you are doing the big 3 upgrade you will need one of these to hookup 2 of your wires to the positive terminal and another 2 to go to your ground terminal.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Yeah it's cold out there today but I'm gonna go tackle it anyway. Thanks

Arc Audio

Pioneer

Memphis

Massive

Mechman

Rockford Fosgate

Dakota Digital

Soon to be DC audio!!!

good luck with doing the cabling in the cold. one thing i noticed myself is that my 1/0 wire does not like to be moved around when its cold. it gets so stiff that its hard to re-route. if its in the 50's or higher outside you shouldnt have a problem. and just a fyi, if you try to get around using that bolt i linked to you, you will soon find out that the bolt that GM throws on the batteries is larger than the hole on your 1/0 terminal so you will either have to drill it out more or ream the hole of your 0 gauge terminal.

good luck with doing the cabling in the cold. one thing i noticed myself is that my 1/0 wire does not like to be moved around when its cold. it gets so stiff that its hard to re-route. if its in the 50's or higher outside you shouldnt have a problem. and just a fyi, if you try to get around using that bolt i linked to you, you will soon find out that the bolt that GM throws on the batteries is larger than the hole on your 1/0 terminal so you will either have to drill it out more or ream the hole of your 0 gauge terminal.

Well, I also have to figure out how to get a fuse close to the battery and yet so I can get to it to change it since it's under the wheel well.

Arc Audio

Pioneer

Memphis

Massive

Mechman

Rockford Fosgate

Dakota Digital

Soon to be DC audio!!!

im sure someone on here will start slamming me for it but i have my first fuse for the wire going from my front batt to my rear batt about 5 feet from the battery. the shorter you can get it, the better it is so then if the wire gets punctured and touches the frame, fender, etc. it wont keep arcing because the fuse will blow and stop it from damaging your stuff. if anything for how you described having that plastic cover over the battery, see if you can either drill a small hole for the 1/0 to fit through or cut a small corner off the plastic and sneak the wire under that. but if i were you, put something around where the plastic is just to protect the wire from getting cut or anything with that mud-cover.

i have a sebring too! the big 3 wasnt hard at all, the battery down there was a pain in the ass tho.. click the build log in my sig and it shows my big 3

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png