Sonic Electronix

K, well, I don't have the money for one of those right now, maybe in my system for later on. I am looking for something right now for this amp, I am probably going to go with those things I just need to find one that is 35 Hz. I saw on the first one you gave me they had one that was 37Hz, I might use that.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

yeah that sounds pretty good to get one that is 37Hz. its a lot safer to go a little above the port tuning because then you have a very low risk of bottoming out the sub since its not below the tuning of the box. Those fmods should do a pretty good job for you from what ive been reading on the web. one thing i would also highly recommend if you do get these fmods is to wrap the outside of them with electrical tape because they are so long they can easily touch eachother and possibly short out. it wont damage your amp but it will stop the sound from coming into your amp. just a little precaution that id take with them thats all.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I have a sealed box, and k I get what you mean on the electrical tape on it.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

for a sealed box i may be wrong but i believe you can go a little bit lower than the actual "tuning" of the box because its made to have a certain frequency it will help you out at even though its sealed. i could be wrong im not 100% all with it for sealed boxes like i am for ported.

And for the electrical tape either do that or shrink wrap. anything that will help protect them from touching into eachother on accident if you hit a bump in the road or something like that.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Well I did look up the the specs of my sub quite a while back, they say the hit 35 Hz in a .74 Cu box, I have no idea the cu of my box but I do not that I need to upgrade it for the fact it isn't divided, its just one big box. If anything I know it's close to the cu because I went to a audio shop a few blocks away which had a whole assortment of boxes and they look extremely close in size.

Edit: my only question on these things is how it says 37 Hz @ 10k. I do not know what they mean on that site about the different frequencies at different Ohms and what not.

Edit2: Looked at their stuff a bit closer, to what it's saying, there are none that they have that act as low pass, only high pass. Yet there HP is a 30Hz HP, am I reading this wrong or does that mean it filters out all higher notes above 30Hz?

Edited by RooTxBeeR

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

for your first edit im not sure how much resistance it matters to your amp. i think (i may be wrong tho) but i believe that the higher the resistance the better it will block out freq's that are NOT supposed to go into the amp

For edit2: you are reading it the wrong way. HP (high pass) means that for example, frequencies that are 30Hz and above will be sent to the amp for it to process. So frequencies above 30Hz will be played by your amp/subs

Now if it was LP (low pass) that would mean that any frequencies that are lower than 30Hz, it will be played by the amp/subs. So if you have for example a 60Hz frequency go into the amps input, it will NOT get played by the subs because it is higher than the frequency specified.

And just to toss this in there because if you get a fosgate 3sixty.2 in the future, they have an option called Band pass (bp)

Bandpass makes it so its a combination of Low Pass and Highpass settings. So for example if you have a band pass setup for 30Hz-80Hz, that means that frequencies from 30Hz through to 80Hz WILL be played. Anything higher or lower than that range will NOT be played by the subs.

And yea for two 10's .74 per sub isnt bad. It could play in a bigger box to really hit the lows and have that "cushioning" affect on the bass because if you notice, in small enclosures the bass seems to slam a little harder than in bigger ones that are at the same tuning. its just because of how the sub compresses the air inside the box. But i say stick with that box and you can always improve on it if you decide to. You never want to get too big of an enclosure that the sub cannot handle because you will destroy subs fast (when it comes to speaker desctruction i am the king on SMD for that hahaha). You are never truly stuck with one thing for life on car audio, it can always be improved in one way or another.