Alright so my sister had a possible miscarriage, she had not stop bleeding from 6pm and still had it at 10 when I last talked to my mom. They took her to the ER at a hospital, my sister just sat in the back room for a hour and they didn't run no tests or anything else and discharged her while she was still bleeding pretty bad and told her to just goto the gyno on Monday.. You guys think I should go get a complaint form from the hospital and give it to my sister after work?

when i lived in Australia (free medical) my wife was in the ER for 5 hours+ without being seen having a miscarriage (well the pains a woman feels when the process is going through) and we had to wait so long cause everyone decided they had sniffles so they needed the ER cause hey its free

when we were finally seen, the stage of miscarriage was so advanced she had to just go home and allow the (fetus: what a baby would be at roughly 5 weeks) she had to allow it to come out naturally

so there is a chance that that is possibly what your sister has to do

that was one of the worst experiences of my life... i truly feel that was the daughter i always wanted and still do not have, so my condolences to your sister and family, if it is a miscarriage

on another note, possible but less likely

when my wife had our first baby, she actually kept her period throughout the first few months of pregnancy and i have read that some woman can keep periods throughout entire pregnancy though its not as common

First of all I want to say I'm so sorry for your family's loss, my wife and I have lost two of our own and I know how much it hurts :( Now to answer your question, from my wifes experience, there is alot of bleeding involved during a miscarriage. How much is safe, well that's hard to say cause I know my wife was discharged very similarly to the way you explained your sister was. I guess if she gets light headed or dizzy, then you should take her back but other than that I don't think there is much to worry about. But it is VERY important she goes back to her gyno on Monday to have her self "cleaned and checked" I forgot the actual medical term for it but if she doesn't have it done I'm told she can become infected severely and hinder her ability to bear children in the future, or even worse she could die from it.

I don't mean to scare you but I just wanna make sure your informed.

yea, having a natural miscarriage is normally not recommend in my case it was to the point, that was almost our only option

but def go to gyno on monday if you dont end up going to a hospital again before then, keep watch on how much blood loss, and keep fluids up and sugar up, for some people it doesnt take much blood to really have issues, keep close eye

Thanks guys, and I don't know if she was dizzy or light headed, I was gonna ask her when I goto see her when I get off work. And from what my mom told me is she was non stop bleeding for a good 4 hours straight. How much is true I'm not sure, but what makes me mad is the doctors didn't even run a simple urine test, a test that only takes 20 minutes to do. I think my mom said they discharged her saying she had some sort of hemorrhage, you think since she is in a hospital they can atleast stop or slow it down or even drugs to calm her down because I know my sister had to have been panicking.

Well to be honest that sounds pretty normal. The bleeding is normal, it's going to be alot. My wife bled for almost a full 24 hours after her first one and a lil less the second one. It totally sucks that they don't seem more concerned in the ER but that's how it was for us too.

another experience ive had

while i was having my bay, my sister was in the er at another hospital, well my doctor was also her doctor, so unfortunately while my sister was hemorrhaging, her doctor was delivering my baby, bad timing, but luckily everything was taken care of and all was alright.

again hope all is well