burko Posted February 28, 2011 Author Report Posted February 28, 2011 Lol, I doubt he's gonna buy 2 2200's for 1 btl, would be fun though It doesn't necessarily have to be 2200Ds lol OP, check out the Audiopipe 3k. It's rated at 3000wrms@2 ohms iirc You got a link with some prices? Want to order direct from the manufacturer, not through a dealer... what size alt would you guys think would be sufficient?
Chode69 Posted February 28, 2011 Report Posted February 28, 2011 What kind of vehicle do you have NoFearX18 said: Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said: i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL! trainman0978 said: I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P... Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power 2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!! DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!
NDMstang65 Posted February 28, 2011 Report Posted February 28, 2011 I would not run any amplifier below 1ohm daily driving if that is what you plan on doing. Bad news bears man. edit: This will be you.. Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information. If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein "I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."
burko Posted March 1, 2011 Author Report Posted March 1, 2011 I would not run any amplifier below 1ohm daily driving if that is what you plan on doing. Bad news bears man. edit: This will be you.. When did I say that? That was those two ^^ rambling up there lol. Just got rid of my truck and currently looking for next vehicle. Will probably be late 90s Tahoe/Yukon. Guess I should go ahead and get a vehicle before I ask all these questions..
hdorre Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 ^^I recommended strapping 2 amps at 2 ohms and putting the sub on a 2 ohm stable amp, so don't falsely accuse me. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
burko Posted March 1, 2011 Author Report Posted March 1, 2011 ^^I recommended strapping 2 amps at 2 ohms and putting the sub on a 2 ohm stable amp, so don't falsely accuse me. You talkin to me? I wasn't accusing you of anything... If you strap two amps @ 2 ohms does that mean the signal coming out is @ 1 ohm, or does the sub need to be 2 ohms as well? Does anyone have a link to a page explaining how ohms work? I really need to learn more about this...
Loudcivic Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 if you just ordered it why not switch it to a dual 2 ohm sub and buy one amp that is stable down to 1 ohm like most mono amps are???? 2015 silverado crew cab nothing atm but soon...
burko Posted March 1, 2011 Author Report Posted March 1, 2011 if you just ordered it why not switch it to a dual 2 ohm sub and buy one amp that is stable down to 1 ohm like most mono amps are???? Huh??
burko Posted March 1, 2011 Author Report Posted March 1, 2011 if you just ordered it why not switch it to a dual 2 ohm sub and buy one amp that is stable down to 1 ohm like most mono amps are???? Are you saying that a subwoofer needs to be 2 ohm in order to run a 1 ohm amp??
burko Posted March 1, 2011 Author Report Posted March 1, 2011 Guys, please help me. I'm kinda freaking out... Do I need to change the order? I ordered a dual 1 ohm subwoofer, and was planning to use a 1 ohm amplifier. Is this correct? Do I need to have a dual 2 ohm sub in order to use a 1 ohm amp?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.