ChevyBoy95 Posted March 2, 2011 Report Posted March 2, 2011 You need to order a DUAL 2 OHM WOOFER to wire it down to 1 ohm. Dual 1 ohm woofers only wire to 2ohms, or .5 ohms. Not to be rude, but your thinking about running roughly 2-3k rms and you dont know ohms law..... you may know a lot, but not knowing that a dual 1 woofer can only be wired to .5 and 2 makes me skeptical... Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
Loudcivic Posted March 2, 2011 Report Posted March 2, 2011 ya my comment didnt make very good sense. i would switch your order to a dual 2 ohm sub. that way you can get yourself a aq2200 and bridge it down to 1 ohm to get the full amount of power out of the amp. i would also recommend getting at least 1 big battery for the back to help with voltage 2015 silverado crew cab nothing atm but soon...
burko Posted March 2, 2011 Author Report Posted March 2, 2011 You need to order a DUAL 2 OHM WOOFER to wire it down to 1 ohm. Dual 1 ohm woofers only wire to 2ohms, or .5 ohms. Not to be rude, but your thinking about running roughly 2-3k rms and you dont know ohms law..... you may know a lot, but not knowing that a dual 1 woofer can only be wired to .5 and 2 makes me skeptical... I dont blame you one bit, I would be skeptical too. Like I said, I am still learning the concept behind ohms and wiring. I figured I would start off with an excellent system instead of getting a shitty one and constantly wanting more bass. For a 15 year old with little experience, running a 1 ohm subwoofer with a 1 ohm amplifier seems to make sense. I appreciate the help. I emailed Fi and hope to hear that my order can be changed with no issues. Thanks for the help "I like kicker" and everybody else that gave me advice Excuse any spelling errors, typed this ln my phone.
hdorre Posted March 2, 2011 Report Posted March 2, 2011 Yessir IF the sub is a dual 2 ohm sub On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
burko Posted March 2, 2011 Author Report Posted March 2, 2011 I would wire it like this, correct? Positive terminal from amp to positive of 1st coil, bridge two positive coils, bridge two negative coils, and negative of second coil to negative terminal of amp, correct?
burko Posted March 2, 2011 Author Report Posted March 2, 2011 Yessir IF the sub is a dual 2 ohm sub Should be. I emailed Fi to get my order changed to dual two ohm instead of one. I'm still learning, appreciate the help from everybody. Hey, just for shits and giggles, say I was to use the 1 ohm sub. How the hell do you bridge amps and run around whatever wierd number of ohms you guys said? You got a diagram for that one?
hdorre Posted March 2, 2011 Report Posted March 2, 2011 Correct. When you say "bridge," I assume you mean "connect" right? Bridging is completely different On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
hdorre Posted March 2, 2011 Report Posted March 2, 2011 If you want it at .5 ohm, you would wire it the same way as the diagram. If you want it at 2 ohms you would connect the positive from the amp to ONE positive coil. You'd connect the negative on the amp to one negative coil. Then, you'd connect the remaining positive coil to the remaining negative coil. There should be a diagram of this on the12volt On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Ford302Redneck Posted March 2, 2011 Report Posted March 2, 2011 You can put the negative on the same side as the positive. But if anything confuses you, just do what the picture shows you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.