Second Skin Audio

Lets talk 4th orders again

P4killer_

So with the weather getting better, Id like to get back to building.

Im gonna do something small just to get my design work down before upgrading ina month or two, maybe less :P

So right now, Im planning on .8 cuft sealed 2.4 cuft ported which is a 3-1 ratio. My last enclosure was decent, however it could have been much better. It was also 4.2 cuft so space shouldnt be a problem.

I might make the space .7 sealed and 2.1 ported not only to save space, but iirc the smaller sealed portion helps power handling and raises the tuning freq. I plan to put my upgrade amp an AQ1200d or 1500w similar, to this enclosure before its all said and done. I dont really care if I blow the sub, but not blowing it would be ok too.

Anyway, Ive got some basic ideas as to the design of the enclosure and I was just wondering what are your opinions about all three options.

181760_10150198998927796_527012795_9010206_5036094_n.jpg

Option a : would most likely be the easiest to build. However I dont think I could fit that, and having a way to remove the sub would be.. tricky.

Option b : This option would be just a lil bit harder to build, and I would think to build two separate enclosures where the sealed loaded box would simply bolt or screw onto the larger ported box. This would likely be the easiest way to have a removable sub. Its an awkward design as well but not nearly as bad as A.

Option c : To me this is the best option. A cube like design would be easier to fit. It would be more asthetically (sp?) pleasing, easier to wrap. I could either build it, w.o the option to remove the sub. Or I could either have a removable sealed enclosure similar to option B or have a hole in the top of the enclosure with a simple piece of mdf cover with silicone and screws. My main concern is the L shape of the ported enclosure, I was wondering if this would create issues with the sound waves.

Hit me with anything, this is just a brain storming post :P

Also, I was thinking 45's wouldnt matter in the sealed portion as the path of the sound wave is sealed and thereby irrelavent.

Lemme know and as always THANKS

P4Killer_

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

aesthetically... Almost hehe

as for the designs, i like B but as far as bandpasses go, unless you use some form of plexi i cant see any of them being an eye-catcher, thats one of the things making me hesitate on a 4th order :(.

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

Damn I was expecting a lil more input while I was at work [sadface]

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

I guess ill just wing it then and see what happens.. wheres uh_oh when you need em?

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

aesthetically... Almost hehe

as for the designs, i like B but as far as bandpasses go, unless you use some form of plexi i cant see any of them being an eye-catcher, thats one of the things making me hesitate on a 4th order :(.

I hear ya about the plexi, where's Bobby?

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

Idc about how it looks, I mean honestly Ill just make the sub non-removeable and if I have to take it out, I can make the access hole then.

I was just wondering if plan C would cause any wave issues being that the ported section would be like an L with sub firing into the side.

Ill just build it and see what happens unless someone wants to chime in and suggest otherwise

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Archived