Second Skin Audio

Reconing A Subwoofer

Chamois

Hey guys, so I have 2 cars, and in my POS winter car I have 2 15" Power Acoustik Mofo 15" subs on a Kicker ZX1000 and one of the subs blew. I was wondering if anyone could help me find a recone kit for this sub? even if its a custom recone kit then i would recone them both.

Dual 2 ohm voice coils

340oz. Magnet

4” BASV/Kapton hybrid 18 awg voice coil

It says 4" on the PA website, but i thought they were 3" .. can anyone confirm?

So if anyone can please help me with a compatable recone kit or a custom kit from somewhere or someone please let me know.

Thanks,

Chamois

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Hey guys, so I have 2 cars, and in my POS winter car I have 2 15" Power Acoustik Mofo 15" subs on a Kicker ZX1000 and one of the subs blew. I was wondering if anyone could help me find a recone kit for this sub? even if its a custom recone kit then i would recone them both.

Dual 2 ohm voice coils

340oz. Magnet

4” BASV/Kapton hybrid 18 awg voice coil

It says 4" on the PA website, but i thought they were 3" .. can anyone confirm?

So if anyone can please help me with a compatable recone kit or a custom kit from somewhere or someone please let me know.

Thanks,

Chamois

Well, i don't know where u saw 4", because their website says they are a 2.5" Coil. Also, i don't think that these subs can be re-coned.

The manual says 4" coil I believe its a 3" coil as the manual was refering to the older model. anyway i dont think the offer recones. your options are to contact PSi, or there a guy on here foreverbumpin he may be able to help you, but youll need to give him measurements to see if he has stock that will fit.

PSi will likely be expensive , so it would better to just buy another mofo instead of that option but hit em up none the less.

you can also look at fixmyspeaker.com idk if they have the right stuff though

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Archived