1989 toyota supra modernizing budget build.

yeah im building an amp rack and im hoping to hide the battery under it if i have room...if not i might mount one amp high and one low cause im gonna build a back peice too i think so ill have to see what happens once this is happening in wood....im also trying to decide on a few details to like am i going to flush mount the amps or not...im nervous to flush the 5ch cause its a class A and runs hot it seems so if i do flush it then ill have to leave it open on bottom or something...so kinda designing as i go i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out the car, and there is a point under the hood where you connect and I guess that runs to the rear battery. This should be able to serve your purpose.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/10315K/10002/-1

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

ok so for the few of you that are keeping and eye on this...i got about as far with real wood as i did with card board before the heat kicked my from the outside into the house...but anyway here are a few very rough test fit pics...im hoping that it will cool off early enough for me to use a touch of light to get at least a bit of the bracing done. if i can do that then i should be able to move to the basement for finishing work....anyway here you go...maybe it will make more sense to a few now....

IMG00059-20110710-1322.jpg

IMG00058-20110710-1322.jpg

IMG00057-20110710-1321.jpg

it wont be any where as tight as contoured as i want but i think this will work for now, my real downfall is tooling...when i pic up a few more wood working tools and a touch of experience this can get better....

lookin pretty good man...tuned in

thank you sir. when i get better tools ill have to do it all again. haha so it goes i suppose...im ready to do some more on it, might just have to brave the heat.

I think you realize by now I'm watching this thread. lol

I wish I had a coupe/two door hatch so I could kill the back seats and fashion an amp rack.

If you carpet the floor, it may fill in enough to look like it more closely hugs the floor/side panels.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Archived