1989 toyota supra modernizing budget build.

Maybe I just lack vision, but I think you'd come out better starting high and just coming down at an angle so you drop below the rear speakers.

Basically finish off the box how you have it in that picture. Make trim pieces and finish taht off. The come down of the upper floor where the box is, or even better (what I'm assuming is) the rear shock towers, and then come down at an angle to the floor and mount the amps to that. Your battery(s) could mount underneath the ramp, and it would provide a way for you to hide wiring.

Just my opinion. Again, it is quite possible I just lack the vision you have.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Maybe I just lack vision, but I think you'd come out better starting high and just coming down at an angle so you drop below the rear speakers.

Basically finish off the box how you have it in that picture. Make trim pieces and finish taht off. The come down of the upper floor where the box is, or even better (what I'm assuming is) the rear shock towers, and then come down at an angle to the floor and mount the amps to that. Your battery(s) could mount underneath the ramp, and it would provide a way for you to hide wiring.

Just my opinion. Again, it is quite possible I just lack the vision you have.

actually man i loke that idea...nice and simple...ill ponder both ideas and see what happens....thanks for the input from both you guys...the ramp ides would work well for hiding the battery too...i wonder though if i was to conceal the batt then what do you do if you need a jump? do they make some sort of deal where i could still have access to it? or would i just have to make an access panel?

You could always start your planning with carboard. Then when you feel comfortable start it with wood.

ps. i would love to have your car, my dream is to have that body of a supra with a 2jz twin turbo motor. :yahoo:

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

You could always start your planning with carboard. Then when you feel comfortable start it with wood.

ps. i would love to have your car, my dream is to have that body of a supra with a 2jz twin turbo motor. :yahoo:

yeah card board was the plan to start for sure...that way i can have some of my failures out of the way i hope....

thanks for the compliment on my car also...i would like a 2j also but i think im just gonna get a mk4 with the 2j turbo for my 40th bday...this one was a gift to myself for my 30th....

Looking great man!!

thank you very much...i thought i would be able to do what i did and then stop but that turns out not to be the case for a couple reasons...one it can be better two my back seats are wasted space in this car three i spent 2hrs a day driving in this car and its been so reliable so why jam a bunch of HP at it....so ive switched my attention to the inside and more a resto than anything...should be more comfortable for me individually ect...not to mention i never really drive it fast anyway....so now i wanna figure out this rack and then get another amp and some mid drivers...should be cool i hope

i wonder though if i was to conceal the batt then what do you do if you need a jump? do they make some sort of deal where i could still have access to it? or would i just have to make an access panel?

My logic tells me that since the electrical system is all one big unit anyway, if you attach the positive to anywhere underhood you have a positive connection and attach ground the the block, you'll be good to go.

I'll check out my brother's car when I get the opportunity. I know the Buick LeSabre has a rear mounted battery stock.

Regardless, post pics. I really want to see how this comes out. I like what I see so far.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

ok i was gonna stop cause the heat is brutal outside and even the news says dont go out there....but i went ahead and made up the second peice...now i have no idea how these templates will translate to mdf but so far so good....

IMG00048-20110628-1644.jpg

of course there wont be a lip on the front peice like there is here but youll see what im after...

IMG00047-20110628-1644.jpg

IMG00046-20110628-1644.jpg

IMG00045-20110628-1644.jpg

one more peice on the shell and then ill figure out the frame work.....

Archived