1989 toyota supra modernizing budget build.

@ bjd3 i did notice your watching and its pretty cool...its not a huge build so a touch of interest in motivating...i am going to carpet it as i had a realization that boat carpet comes in neat colors and there are tons of boat shops around here so i think ill be good there...i so wish the gaps were smaller and on v.2 they will be but it works nice in a way because it will allow air to flow in there which is nice....tomorrow ill flush mount my current amp and then ill try to find carpet this weekend.

@ pstone11 thank you...you know i tried to pick up some skills via osmosis now i just need the physical practice...

@ bassjunkie thank you also...i try hard to keep it nice....and trying to little by little make it better...

@ mungface thank you also...this is my first solo build so im learning as i go....i did learn a lot from a fantastic builder who also did the design on the box itself...(dont know if he wants to be named or not) so now im off to make my own mistakes which is good...and the supra has a metal head gasket with arp studs and proper torque, thanks for lookin out though....

IMG00062-20110710-2007.jpg

IMG00061-20110710-2005.jpg

IMG00060-20110710-1949.jpg

im done for the day...supports are in and everything is even now...you cant tell but neither the top or front are the same as the other pics...yep i built this bad boy twice today.

its not a huge build

But you pay more attention to detail than many people on here who do have huge builds. And being that you keep claiming that you need experience (looking at this, I doubt it) I may pick up some ideas for when I pretty up my trunk. Because that thing is beginning to get on my nerves.

And your car is cool. lol

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

haha...thanks BJD3...well its in and situated and hooked up...im really not happy with the final results so this will be getting a rebuild after some tools are bought....my bracing is lacking and the fitment is not as tight as i want also the flush mount was not well planned and not to mention a second amp and some how have to tie it all in to the box in back....so next time around this will be better but this was an amazing learning experience and a great trial and error learn as you go situation....so i guess all factors considered its ok...not sure how long ill be able to stand this sub par contraption....anyways here are a few pics....

IMG00067-20110712-1037.jpg

IMG00068-20110712-1037.jpg

IMG00069-20110712-1039.jpg

IMG00070-20110712-1039.jpg

as that im not happy at all with what ive done here with this rack v.2 will begin this week...it will be a good one...better in every way...

Did you finally give in and decide to try fiberglassing? lol

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

no sir i cannot glass...i dont have the skill nor the patience to do glass....it will just be a much better version of this...this was half assed and rushed....i know what i want now and even though glassing it would be the best way i just dont have what it takes to do it...i wouldnt even know where to start...stayed tuned though cause v.2 will be nice.

well thanks pat...its not that bad honestly but in this car i dont want to settle...i know the design can be better and so can the build itself....just gotta go score some new mdf and try again.

loving this build man. You've got great attention to detail and craftsmanship!! Keep up the good work!! :clapping:

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

loving this build man. You've got great attention to detail and craftsmanship!! Keep up the good work!! :clapping:

well thank you...im trying to make it look at least kinda like it was supposed to be there....i rushed to get it done and didnt think it out as well as i could have i think....but stay tuned cause the rebuild of the rack is gonna be much better.....

Archived