Lunch's Charade, 6x15"s & 18,000rms

When i saw the pic of the old and new side by side, I was like, "that might work OK..."

after I scrolled down I have to say I'm totally impressed. I love the way the rear wheels tuck in, looks great!

:good:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

WOW makes me wanna take my back seats out and do a 6th order now!!!!!!!!!!!

Freaking awesome job on everything bro

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

When i saw the pic of the old and new side by side, I was like, "that might work OK..."

after I scrolled down I have to say I'm totally impressed. I love the way the rear wheels tuck in, looks great!

:good:

WOW makes me wanna take my back seats out and do a 6th order now!!!!!!!!!!!

Freaking awesome job on everything bro

thanks for that guys!! i love the way the whole car is now coming together... both audio wise, and visually... still a long way to go with both, but it's getting there!!

the BASS BATTLE event on thursday was AWEZOME!!! i managed to hit .1db off my personal best, but the peak frequency has dropped significantly since the window is now sealed, still broken but sealed... lol peak frequency has dropped from 39hz, down to 31hz... so i'm ALL kinds of happy!!

managed to take out the Pro Groundpounder class, as well as SPL warrior for the night for loudest overall with a best of 156.7db... and the song of choice? Justin Beiber - Baby, remixed by our very own SPLWGN!! he's done a brilliant job on all his remixes so a HUGE thank you must go out to him!!

and on with some pics of the night!!

DSCF0001Medium.jpg

DSCF0002Medium.jpg

DSCF0003Medium.jpg

DSCF0004Medium.jpg

DSCF0005Medium.jpg

DSCF0035Medium.jpg

DSCF0100Medium.jpg

DSCF0095Medium.jpg

DSCF0112Medium.jpg

vids coming soon!!

what a great event it was!!!

SMD-1.png

I was just stalking around last night trying to find your vids. Nothing like the looks on peoples faces when they see your doors about to blow off. 'oh you think you're loud? BAM.'. :lol: in for vids.

hahaha thanks man!! for future referrence for anyone who wants to check out my vids, you can find my page at Youtube.com/sexysexyman4 got tonnes of vids up there for people to check out i just love the reactions when people se my cars tearing themselves apart, has to be my favorite part of car audio!!!

should have some new vids up very shortly!!

SMD-1.png

managed to take out the Pro Groundpounder class, as well as SPL warrior for the night for loudest overall with a best of 156.7db... and the song of choice? Justin Beiber - Baby, remixed by our very own SPLWGN!! he's done a brilliant job on all his remixes so a HUGE thank you must go out to him!!

epic.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Damn man i wish you could come to the car show im going to next saturday, i wanna sit in this thing so bad. and those rims make the car look real good.

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

epic.

:good: lol

Any updates on the vids? :peepwall:

epic.

almost epic... lol

Lookin good.....that thing is getting loud wish i kept my charade from back in the day....

they're great cars, even for SPL, the current world record holding street stock B car is a charade doing 151's off 2kw... great cars to get loud!

[quote name=^_^ Gem132' timestamp='1316002472' post='1685370]

Damn man i wish you could come to the car show im going to next saturday, i wanna sit in this thing so bad. and those rims make the car look real good.

you and i both man!! i'm REALLY keen to take her up to some shows interstate... but have to sort a few things out on the caprice before i tow her too far anywhere, it's having some slight cooling issues, just needs a new better radiator, i'm actually looking at grabbing an Aussie desert cooler, tripple/quad core burnout spec, should be able to keep her nice and cool for the long interstate trips!!

epic.

:good: lol

Any updates on the vids? :peepwall:

they ARE coming at some point... unfortunately i wasn't able to grab any of my own, as i've lost my camera somewhere? so i'm relying on footage from others, i've seen a few vids, but really want to host them on my youtube before i send the links out for obvious reasons... soon they will be posted!! i promise!! lol

BUT UPDATES!!

so...

after the Narr Warren Autobarn BASS BATTLE, it was decided that my front stage was looking rather sad... VERY sad actually... only half the 6x9"s had tweeters, all were run off just a single crossover (series paralleled to arrive back at the original impedance) and to make it worse, another one of my tweeters had snapped off the 6x9" on the passenger side due to just how violently the doors flex... so violently that the door has actually pulled away from the body, but i have to investigate exactly whats going on with that 2morrow...

BUT dead doors...

14092011106.jpg

14092011110.jpg

and look, it's actually started to tear the metal frame of the door...

14092011112.jpg

now i've been asking around for different 6x9" from several people, and i have actually come to a strange decision... i'm going to keep these Cadence ones, as the midbass is really nice, for what they are, and get some custom phase plugs made up to suit them, then run them as a semi active 3way, along with Dayton Mids, and Orion large format tweeters... i think it'll end up as a fairly reasonable loud SQL setup,

BUT those plans don't help me now do they? and with some upcoming events getting closer, i needed some new speakers!! a never one to pass up a bargain when i see one!!

14092011105.jpg

and all installed!!

14092011116.jpg

MUCH betterer don't you think...?

now honestly, sound wise they're alright, i DO think they're a slight step down from the CVLs i had in there, but going from the top of the line Cadence, to entry level option audio was always going to be a decent change, they still sound quite nice, and the quality is FAR better than $69 a pair should be able to buy you, i'm VERY happy with the outcome! and they seem to handle MUCH more power than the CVL's ever did, happily taking 500rms a side at full noise without a highpass filter!! so they're beffy units! thats for sure!! so far they've loved the abuse i've given them... can't wait to get out to a show to really give them a hiding, as i have no doubt they'll come back begging for more!! lol

ontop of this i've started to strip the corona ready for the wreckers, it's a sad day, but on an upside, i now have a spare battery kicking around without a home!!

(old pic next to the charades 700cca "starter" battery)

34299_404214448919_756723919_4481312_66930_n.jpg

so what will we do with this i hear you say? well what else would i do with it...? haha

the "original battery tray in the charade with a block of 18mm to allow the "much larger than originally planned" 700cca starter battery...

14092011119.jpg

and the new battery tray to allow my "big battery" to squeeze in...

14092011117.jpg

and the battery in...

14092011121.jpg

14092011122.jpg

i kid you not, it seriously takes up more room in the engine bay than the engine does!! haha well almost, but from looking at it, the battery does make the engine look tiny in comparison!! the pics really don't do it any justice as to exactly how big that battery is... lol i love it!!

well thats it for my busy little day!! hopefully some more updates 2morro!!

SMD-1.png

Archived