18KW TAHOE GETS AN IPAD AND ALPINE iDA-X305S

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

The IPAD is a 32gig 3G, so I have the ability to surf while in the wireless network.

As far as the hook-up, the Alpine is an IPOD/IPHONE capable unit, so connecting the IPAD was no biggy. The HU comes supplied with the 32pin connector to USB, and the HU sees the IPAD as a docked unit, sending the data from the IPAD to the Alpine and the Alpine performs the DAC, really clean.

I have a couple of problems. When connected, the IPAD would not display album information, would just show a black screen that reads, “connected to a devise”. I did some checking on-line and got a hit. I had to jailbreak the IPAD and load “noaccessorysplash” app in order for the albums to display.

I have another issues that I am working with and that is video. Because pin 8 of the connector goes live, when you try to watch a video, the screen is black and displays, “connected to TV”. Can’t find an app to correct, still researching.

Also, the IPAD is trickle charged while connected in the vehicle. This is a huge +++.

I like it, very clean!! I have the same problem with the screen flipping when I corner hard...just laugh at it. will have to find out how to lock the screen.

I went to hook mine up the same way and it didn't work too well for me, ended up running the IPad through the dock connector, then through a 3mm headphone jack to stereo RCA adapter then into my alpine as aux in. Screen works as if it would unhooked to anything, but I will have to jailbreak it to get the video to outsource as well as play on the IPad. What jail break did you use and how complicated was it?

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

I like it, very clean!! I have the same problem with the screen flipping when I corner hard...just laugh at it. will have to find out how to lock the screen.

I went to hook mine up the same way and it didn't work too well for me, ended up running the IPad through the dock connector, then through a 3mm headphone jack to stereo RCA adapter then into my alpine as aux in. Screen works as if it would unhooked to anything, but I will have to jailbreak it to get the video to outsource as well as play on the IPad. What jail break did you use and how complicated was it?

To lock, double the home button, slide the bottom bar to the right, and there is a circular button used to lock.

I used greenpois0n, loaded cydia and searched to app "noaccessorysplash". This will fix the album display.

To lock, double the home button, slide the bottom bar to the right, and there is a circular button used to lock.

I used greenpois0n, loaded cydia and searched to app "noaccessorysplash". This will fix the album display.

NICE!! never found that part. guess I should play with it some more - lol. Thanks for that :drinks:

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Archived