97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

As long as bills are paid on time and there's food in the fridge who cares? Lol.

That's what I think. I only spend 250 bux a month on this thing. That's why it is taking so long. If I didn't use my tax return we would be even further behind. lol In about 4 months it will be done and we can focus on saving for that Land Rover Discovery. That is a long way off though. One project at a time.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't updated the thread in a while. We had a bad flood that ruined a bunch of my stuff. I lost all but one of the speakers for my new frontstage. Check out the video of the carnage. Lol its in off topic vids. I just got some new speakers today. The kickpanels are going bye-bye. The plan is to build an array in the A pillars. It will be in a MTM config. 2 4” tymphany mids with a dayton tweet. I am going to use the other tweeters as a center channel. should be pretty exciting once I get it hooked up. If I know partsexpress pick and ship team like I think I do I should have some pics of the new gear and some fab pics for the pillars tommorrow afternoon.

Did I mention I am building a box in the trunk which I can port into the rear deck and run like 1000 watts to... Yeah I'm doin that. Gotta slow down a bit. I want a wall for sure but I want to stop changing everything and finish the damn thing. Lol there are other projects I want to start. The expedition, my brothers sundown build...

More tomorrow

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I got everything today. Here are a few pics...

IMAG0176-1.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

this is what the config will look like. I think I wil make a single 3/4” mdf baffle and cover it with some t-shirt material and glass them. The two extra tweeters are going to create a center channel.

I also got some carpeting so I can finish the baffle and do the headliner as well. Should have a few pics and a vid of the build process tomorrow.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Still watching this. Equipment looks good. Sorry to hear about the flood tho. How's it going with the insurance company?

Also, I know this is kind of a budget type build, but seeing as how you're looking for a killer front stage, I would HIGHLY suggest a pair of planar tweeters from parts express. The CLEAREST Tweets I've ever heard.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I have thought about that for sure. They are great speakers. I looked at them before I got the daytons. The ones I got were such a great deal I couldn't pass it up lol. 16 bux a piece.

The renters insurance didn't cover it. I saved my new eq but the laptop is wasted. The other units left the water sat in the basement til 9 am. Now they have no drywall. I saved mine by getting the whole thing dry by 7 in the morning. The pergo was cupping so we took it out. The floor you see in the new photos is what was underneath. Lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I started on the a pillars today and the center channel. Here is a poorly edited video to get you up to speed. Lol

The speakers will be wired to 4ohms. Im going to try to get everything hooked up so I can have a demo and make sure we are good on speaker placement. The center channel is probably going to take a while to get down though. For now I'm going to take the two double baffles and use a reinforcing rib made out of mdf and glass and bondo them together. They will be set as forward as possible for now to see if that increases stage depth. Ill have more for ya tommorrow.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Got some pictures to show yous guys. Lol I got home late but 8 managed to get the baffles attached to the pillars and got them wrapped in a t-shirt.

IMAG0181.jpg

This is the old fronstage. I liked them but they were way too big. The stage was also to low and left dominate.

Here is what we are working on now.

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

Sorry about the pics I'm stuck on the old smart phone until I get a new laptop. You can see the wrap isn't perfect. My stapler couldnt get the fabric to sit on the panel so I got it as tight as I could. After that I taped the sides so I could glass it in the car. Seemed like the best idea since the pillars themselves would curl if I tried to do them outside. If I did that I would risk breaking it trying to get it back in the car. No good. Lol. Once I get a hard shell I can pull them out and make them look a little more symmetrical.

Ill have more to show ya tommorrow but in the meantime I want to let you guys in on a project I am in the planning stage for the house. Two line array towers. Here is a picture to let you guys inside my head. Haha

IMAG0180.jpg

I have changed it a little from this but here are the highlights.

2 12” waveguides with compression horns playing 6k and up.

22 3” midrange playing 1500k-~ 4500-6k

12 6” mid/midbass playing 125-~ 2k

I will be going active 24db/octave and I was able to save my eq so I will be using that as well. (1/3 octave)

Comes out to 72 speakers. Crazy I know. It will take a year to get it together and power it but I will be making a thread in the HT section. Just wanted to give you guys an idea as I will be starting to buy equipment in the next month or two. So...yeah. More tommorrow. Lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived