97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

Got more for the lurkers out there. I have a few little transitions to fill in but the shell is more or less complete. I found a great deal on modeling clay to fill in the gaps and to smooth it out. It is an air drying product that drys really hard. It is made by Crayola. I don't think exp. foam would work and it wouldn't add any strength. After that dries I'll glass the whole thing including the back of the baffle once I get it installed. Here are a couple pics of my progress so far.

IMG_0364.jpg

You can see from the above picture how I filled the space between the rear and sides of the wall. I'm sure there was an easier way but I don't know it lol.

IMG_0365.jpg

Here is the passenger side. I built out those side pieces with 2x4's so I had a good attachment point for the baffle. I had originally planned on having 3 18" but I don't think I am going to have airspace or height. It's not bothering me as much as I thought it would though. As I get closer to a finished product I can see how loud two of these will be.

IMG_0366.jpg

Center of the box.

IMG_0367.jpg

Sill a few gaps that need to be filled.

Working on another vid now

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 4 weeks later...

Thought you might find this as an interesting short little side project. It makes it so that when you turn on your brights, both HI and Lo lights come on instead of switching from just high to low. It's called the quad beam headlight mod.

That mod looks really cool. I'll have to try that when it warms up again.

great looking build man.. I wish I had the patience to do this.

That's all I have right now. The holidays have me pinched. I'm going to glass the wall this weekend but I can't do much else.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Yeah i hear ya man. Supposed to rain/sleet/snow today with a high of 38 and windy and then get another 1-2" of heavy wet snow tonight.

Looks like all it takes is some wire and less than $10 in parts for that mod. I thought about doing it along with disabling the DRL, but then I snagged some HID kits yesterday for $30 lol.

I went back and forth for a while on the final design. In the end I decided to go sealed. I like ported but wasn't interested in added output being the only reason to do it. The subs model around ~7 cu. sealed. The enclosure comes out to ~21 cu feet. 19.5 w/driver displacement.

I have the 10" in the doors and a pair of tweeters to listen to until I get those ID horns. Doesn't sound too bad...for now lol

Anyway I wanted to put up a pic of the baffle that is going in the car tomorrow. The subs will be flush mount. Kinda have too really. I am 5'11" and any legroom I can have is good.

gfyu057.jpg

The bonus is I still have a ton of material left from the two sheets to build some beauty panels and figure out some kind of amp and battery rack in the trunk. I thought having a couple big batteries would be cool but I wanted to try something different. I'm going to put an 1800 up front and run 6-8 hc600's in back. There is a small difference in cost but the 600's are so cheap I can pick em' up two at a time.

More tomorrow.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Did you see the xs power comparison against kinetic and shuriken? Makes me wish Audiosavings had them at the time lol. Will eventually sell my hc2400 to get a d3400 when I change up. Plus the 3400 is cheaper than the kinetic I got. Look on the 3rd page of the xs area and its like the 4th or 5th one down.

Archived