97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

I decided to try my hand at making some homemade aeros. I went to their website and used their calculator. With 4 4.5" pieces of pvc I will get a final tuning of around 35 hz. I don't know how well it will work out but they have been fun to build so far. Here are a few pictures and a video to show how far I got today. I mentioned 3 different lengths in the vid but they are all 4 1/2". The wall is being rebuilt in a couple months anyway so if it doesn't turn out very good no biggie. My biggest worry is group delay.

11200.jpg

I have since sanded the rough edges out that might cause any turbulence.

I thought a normal flair would be a little boring and a little small so I decided to switch it up a bit. I freely admit I am flying by the seat of my pants.

11201.jpg

Here is the secondary piece I put over it. I am going to use some modeling clay and resin and fiberglass to smooth out the transitions.

11202.jpg

A pic of both of them with some finish work need to be done.

11204.jpg

...And the rubble pile. I hate mdf dust. I sneezed like crazy till I took a shower.

11203.jpg

Video. You can see I switched gears half way through in favor of this idea. I could have edited it out but I am all about transparency when it comes to my build.

I should have these things ready to install in the wall tomorrow and I will make a video chronicling whether it was a good idea or an unmitigated disaster. lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I don't mean to sound negative man, but that's not going to be nearly enough port area for 3 18's. If they were like, 8" aeros, then I could see it but those might have an adverse affect on the sound. Just be careful when you start playing after you have them installed.

I don't mean to sound negative man, but that's not going to be nearly enough port area for 3 18's. If they were like, 8" aeros, then I could see it but those might have an adverse affect on the sound. Just be careful when you start playing after you have them installed.

The guys at partsexpress recommended 4" aeros for these subs is what is crazy. It is a fun experiment. If it doesn't work, no biggie. I thought it would be fun to try. I can always close the hole up if im not happy with the sound

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Huh. Well I guess they aren't a real high throw sub, so it might work. Just used to lots o port lol. Plus if it doesn't work, you could always pull them but instead of sealing it back up, make two big square ports. Might as well since you will already have the holes there.

Made a little headway today. I am having a lot of fun building these and may build a pair with square ports too. I cut the final design into the ports and laid some modeling clay into them. They need a ton more work but you can see where I'm headed. I will fiberglass them tomorrow assuming they are dry enough and paint them. Then I can cut the holes in the baffle, adjust the gain and we are ready to rock and roll.

11213.jpg

11214.jpg

To be honest it makes me want to do 4 18" with a common center port and build something truly wicked.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Doing work for sure. Good stuff bro , you sure love to glass lol.

8 SSA EVIL 15's

4 CRESCENDO 5500'S

2 SINGER HAIRPIN'S

21 XS POWER D1600'S

ALL MCLAREN AUDIO MID'S AND TWEETERS

1 TARAMPS HD4000, 1 TARAMPS HD800

SEX!

kWgmAp6.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Doing work for sure. Good stuff bro , you sure love to glass lol.

That I do my friend. If I had the money and time I would redo the dash center console and wall. Make it all one flowing piece. Just go batshit nuts with it. I have been looking for another project car as this one is almost done. Kinda feel obligated now I have a 2 car garage. haha Next summer I will start another one but I am keeping my BU"

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I put a couple layers of matte and resin on the ports today. I am going to do the same to the back to reinforce them a little more. Once I do that I will sand the bejeezes out of them and hit them with some plastidip (black). I have to be honest; I am a little more than excited. Here is a pic of the glass action. I should have more tomorrow including a demo. Don't know if it will be louder by ear but should definitely move more air.

11-1.jpg

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Dude, you make me wanna wall off my '98 Bu so damn bad.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Archived