97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

Now! out of all this time would you recommend going IB?

i have an alpine type-R 12" that does not have the ribbed surround. my guess is its a first gen.

anyway i have a 4Cuft Net box with a 16.5" long 8" wide .5" thick pvc port in that box. tuned somewhere around 39 Hz

also running a kenwood 1000 watt amp little guy runs pretty close to 500w RMS at 2 Ohm.

i have a similar sized car to yours. and i want to get 1 of these do an IB and use my same amp?

it says at 4 Ohm its output it 300w RMS i can get 250 out of it indefinitely. but the amp can be upgraded if need be.

would just one be good enough for it to actually be considered an "Upgrade"?

Now! out of all this time would you recommend going IB?

i have an alpine type-R 12" that does not have the ribbed surround. my guess is its a first gen.

anyway i have a 4Cuft Net box with a 16.5" long 8" wide .5" thick pvc port in that box. tuned somewhere around 39 Hz

also running a kenwood 1000 watt amp little guy runs pretty close to 500w RMS at 2 Ohm.

i have a similar sized car to yours. and i want to get 1 of these do an IB and use my same amp?

it says at 4 Ohm its output it 300w RMS i can get 250 out of it indefinitely. but the amp can be upgraded if need be.

would just one be good enough for it to actually be considered an "Upgrade"?

I would recommend anyone trying infinite baffle.Definitely not for everybody though. The output is even less than a sealed box! That's why if you are going to go infinite baffle use several smaller drivers or in my case several larger drivers. lol Dayton audio makes a 15" with a stiffer suspension and more xmax specifically for infinite baffle and can take a ton power. It is really articulate and musical. Those subs work great for infinite baffle. The dayton 18" that I use also works great IB. I wouldn't put more than 500 watts on them though. As far as it being an upgrade I have no idea. It is more cone area but the 12" could very well be louder in the proper enclosure.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Here is an update on the doors. I put a couple layers of cloth and matte down, sanded and added a couple layers of body filler to smooth it out. It's not done but these pictures will give you a good idea where they are headed...

Still need to remove some material from the door as you can see.

a167_zps5d628e46.jpg

I couldn't get the areas around the door panel completely symmetrical but with the carpeting and the black color it won't be as noticeable. Funky angles always trip me up. I need to do another layer of filler to smooth it out. After that I am going to do some more hand sanding around the baffle to give it a small radius then I will cover it with carpeting.

Here is a couple pictures of the modeling clay I used on the inside of the baffle to add some mass and rigidity. It costs around 4 bux for a box. Each one holds around 1.1 lbs and there is two boxes in each pod. You can pick it up at any Walmart.

a162_zps56444677.jpg

a163_zpsbfbe7533.jpg

I should have the pod wrapped, bolted to the door panel, and playing tomorrow. Excited.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I didn't get the doors done today like I wanted. I am having some issues with my cordless drill. :( I did finish sanding, and wrapped the pods with some carpeting. The door panels were also painted. They don't look too bad either with the exception of the staple holes. lol They will work long enough until I can replace them. Here are a few pictures to tide you over until tomorrow.

I'll start you off with a little scratch that went pretty deep. Took a while to stop the bleeding. I used some super glue to close it up. lol

a168_zpsf93c1bbf.jpg

A picture of the pod carpeted with the driver installed and one with it attached to the door.

a169_zps2013872f.jpg

a174_zps5358521a.jpg

I like the way it looks. It came out pretty good considering it is a volcano pod. Which brings us to our next picture. The drivers were so deep that I had to build them out so they obstruct the glove box opening. It's not really that big of a deal considering I was going to put a subwoofer in the dash and use that area as the enclosure. Just an inconvenience. It does give me the opportunity to build a grill for the horns that mates up directly to the door so that is cool. The screws that you see on the inside holding the pod to the door are temporary. I have some Philips panhead screws, bolts, and washers I will put in tomorrow when I get a drill that works.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I think the doorpanels turned out great, and I think it looks better with the carpet.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I think the doorpanels turned out great, and I think it looks better with the carpet.

Thx bro; me too. I just got them playing and should have a video up in an hour. Huge difference. They barely move and are so so loud. They need some eq'ing between 1 and 4k but man I am so happy I did this. The stage is deeper. Instruments are even more realistic. The poly 10" I had in the before sounded like the they were shrouded but these sound open and bright and much better on vocals. Certain notes on some tracks illicit an almost level of panic in the best possible way. I can't wait to start on the 15" midbass.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 1 month later...

Here are a couple pictures of the baffle. I took it out to do some reinforcements to it. In the picture below you can see that I added a couple 2x4's and some modeling clay. After that I covered it with a couple layers of cloth and matte to seal everything then i covered it with carpet.

a232_zpsdcb773a6.jpg

The baffle carpeted

a241_zps170f3d9f.jpg

a245_zps403f6d94.jpg

Looks pretty good from the back too. Eventually all the wires will be covered in Black loom and heat shrink. I'm not sure when i will get to do the midbass since we had a couple stumbles on the road of finance lately, but we should be back on track next month.

The pictures look weird on account of my camera. It started flashing a red light after this and the lens won't go back into the housing. The motor is jacked up. Have to get another one I guess.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Awesome man. Well done. Love the building and constant checking and upgrading

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Awesome man. Well done. Love the building and constant checking and upgrading

Thx. broham. Yeah, it has been a constant but right now I am trying to make it future proof. When it gets done the only way I could upgrade would be to do a 15" midrange and 18" midbass but that is just crazy talk. hehehe I might do 2 21" infinite baffle next year but that is about it. The problem is like fabricating almost as much as listening..

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Every time I see this build it's just... Damn. I wish I had the balls to drop my back seat.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Archived