97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

Every time I see this build it's just... Damn. I wish I had the balls to drop my back seat.

Thx. It was pretty risky to do 3 18" Infinite baffle. I wasn't even sure how it was going to sound before I put it in. It could've sounded like complete ass. With these subs IB in this car it works though. I was most concerned about the two outside subs loading wacky from the difference in width. There was also making sure there was enough room for the pole vents.

I just get a wild idea and I try it. This time it worked really well and it feels louder and more accurate then my sealed wall; which I'm still trying to figure out. It won't play the lows like the wall but It had half the cabin to compress so... I have more wacky shit I want to do yet. The 15" PA midbass in the back seat under the subs, 8" fullrange in the Lower "A" pillars/dash area on axis and a 10" sub in the center of the dash. It should have frightening dynamics and excellent clarity. Just have to keep throwing money at it. lol

I wanted to add that the front seats are all the way back so unless you are 5 you couldn't sit back there anyway. (Better stage width and depth that way.) I haven't had a backseat in it for more than two years.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I love it man! "I've been doing more critical listening lately" so he rips out a friggen whole wall build because his music style has changed somewhat for the time being, hahaha that is extreme right there. I am NOT making fun, I love the dedication and courage you got to do what you need/want to do instead of daydreaming all day about it. Did I really just go through 22 pages dating back to 2011.....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 3 weeks later...

I love it man! "I've been doing more critical listening lately" so he rips out a friggen whole wall build because his music style has changed somewhat for the time being, hahaha that is extreme right there. I am NOT making fun, I love the dedication and courage you got to do what you need/want to do instead of daydreaming all day about it. Did I really just go through 22 pages dating back to 2011.....

Thx. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner or I would've responded. Yeah the wall had to go. The lack of legroom and the poor response had to go. It was great for rap and hi hop and sucked at everything else. I will do another wall but it won't be in this vehicle. The build has come a long way since I started it and I am always trying new things. I like to fiberglass as you can tell. I have been getting a little better at it every time I do a new project. That brings us to our next update...

I have finally got the family stuff squared away and have a little money to start some fabrication. I have been agonizing about the rear deck since it has been making so much noise. I finally came up with a solution that should solve it. I'm going to build a large mdf ballast (for lack of a better word) that will mount to the rear deck and the Infinite Baffle. I am going to fill it with 50 lbs. of builders sand. This will effectively kill any resonance from the rear deck. Once I finish that I will start on the enclosures for the midbass. I really wanted to do the 15" but I had a revelation. Why not do 6 10" instead? Now, stay with me here. lol I had the goldwood's 10" in my door and they were great 300 hz and down. Like super great.

I want to create some utter devastation in the midbass range and this should give me exactly what I want. The great thing about the goldwoods is that they only need 1.5 cubes for each 3 so I will be able to keep the enclosures much smaller, and it is more cone area than a 15" as well. Here is the woofer in question. I still need to buy four more. lol

IMG_0141_zps97083f06.jpg

In classic scottishbear fashion this project is going to take a good while to complete. I can lay it out for you now in the broad strokes though. I am going to mount the 3 10" on either side like this... OOO OOO Right below the baffle. They will be mounted at an angle (\ /) and upwards. I am going to make the enclosures out of mdf, fiberglass, non hardening modeling clay, and a couple other goodies. To decouple it from the floor pan I will lay down some neoprene and pondliner between it and the bottom of the enclosures. I am going to pick up a couple sheets of mdf tomorrow morning to go with all the stuff below and put in some work. I'll have some build/ fab pics this time tom. night.

IMG_0140_zps9b685360.jpg

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 2 months later...

looks great man! that midbass will be amazing! looking forward to how it turns out!

2000 Chevy Malibu

2 Skar audio vvx 15 v2's

7 cu ft box after displacement tuned at 28hz

AudioQue 2200D

Rockford Fosgate PBR 300x4

Alpine CDE-147BT

2x Pioneer components

Shca 1/0 & 12 gauge speaker wire

1 XS Power S975 up front, and 2 XS power XP 950's in back

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178458-2000-malibu-build-2-skar-vvx-15-v2s-aq-2200d/?p=2634433

I found the problem. A couple smart cookies pointed me to a couple fuses that should be checked. Here is a picture of the culprit. 3 dollar fuse cost me an 80 dollar tow. I could blame myself for not checking them but until I talked to a few people about the problem I would have never known it was a fuse.

11119.jpg

It is for the ignition/battery. This is one of two in the system. It explains why I couldn't roll the windows up either. I am borrowing a friends car after they get off work to get some fuses and I should be up and running by suppah time. lol Video to follow.

I had a problem similar to this. My truck died at an advanced auto parts..... that was closing and wouldn't let me in. Anyways I got it giagnosed @ Webb's and they said it was my Fuel pump >:o. So I had to remove the bed just to get to the fule tank and remove the pump, Once the pump was removed I discovered that the rubber hose connecting the pump to the fuel lines had been rotten away because the previous owner let it sit for 5 years. Anyways brought the price from 500$ to 20 cents so that was good.

looks great man! that midbass will be amazing! looking forward to how it turns out!

Me too. I built a ballast for the rear deck but didn't like how it came out. That piece was going to connect to the floor pan where the midbass will be mounted so it's back to square one. I am trying to move to Indianapolis for school in Jan so I don't see having the time or money to work on it until Feb. :(

I found the problem. A couple smart cookies pointed me to a couple fuses that should be checked. Here is a picture of the culprit. 3 dollar fuse cost me an 80 dollar tow. I could blame myself for not checking them but until I talked to a few people about the problem I would have never known it was a fuse.

11119.jpg

It is for the ignition/battery. This is one of two in the system. It explains why I couldn't roll the windows up either. I am borrowing a friends car after they get off work to get some fuses and I should be up and running by suppah time. lol Video to follow.

I had a problem similar to this. My truck died at an advanced auto parts..... that was closing and wouldn't let me in. Anyways I got it giagnosed @ Webb's and they said it was my Fuel pump > :o. So I had to remove the bed just to get to the fule tank and remove the pump, Once the pump was removed I discovered that the rubber hose connecting the pump to the fuel lines had been rotten away because the previous owner let it sit for 5 years. Anyways brought the price from 500$ to 20 cents so that was good.

Yeah it died on me right in the Walgreens parking lot. It was a quick fix once I got it figured out.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

IMG_0145_zps8e754acf.jpg

That is the rear deck piece i built filled with play sand. It didn't turn out the way I had imagined it so I need to start over. I need something a little smaller that won't throw off the symmetry of the other pieces I want to build back there. This just feels to bulky.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 3 months later...

update?

No updates really. I don't have anywhere to build at my new place so it might be a while. I think we are going back to a wall this summer. I'm not tired of the infinite baffle setup I just want to build another wall. This time it will be 6 18". I'm going to try and start building the shell next month. I still have to buy two more 18" yet too.

sweet build man

Thx. It is always changing.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived