Sonic Electronix

Warning to JVC HU owners with Ipod Touch

Just a warning to those of you with JVC HU's that want to attach your ipod touch, i ordered this cable from Ebay that was stated to work with Ipod touch 1st and 2nd gens and plug into the cd changer plug in the rear of JVC stereos. Also came with a hot and ground wire so you can charge your ipod also. Well i got it all wired which involved pulling my HU out, and plugged it all up , and surprise , it didnt work. It did charge but the plug got very hot and my HU didnt even recognize that anything was plugged into the changer port unhooked power wires just so it wouldnt get hot while trouble-shooting but never got it to work. Upon closer inspection the connectors inside the plug that goes int the HU look to be 180 degrees off. Plug only goes in one way so dont know how that couldve happened . Anyways, take it as a warning, mine at least did not work !!

095IMAG0374.jpg

rwhops.jpg

Or you can get a HU with a usb port, and set it to run through your ipod, and problem solved, just use a normal Ipod cable and connect your ipod right the front of your HU and you don't have to spend any extra money time or effort to achieve what you are looking for. Or buy a $10 ciggerete charger for your ipod.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Or you can get a HU with a usb port, and set it to run through your ipod, and problem solved, just use a normal Ipod cable and connect your ipod right the front of your HU and you don't have to spend any extra money time or effort to achieve what you are looking for. Or buy a $10 ciggerete charger for your ipod.

Way to be an ass, and useless. Fuck off. That is all

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Actually my HU does have an USB port in the front but the ipod tough will not play through standard usb on JVC HU's. And i didnt really care to have the charger function, it just was part of that particular cable. Thanks

rwhops.jpg

Oh well, if your not looking for the charger function, does that HU come with a aux port? I wasn't looking to be an ass eclipse, he never said until now he wasn't looking for charge so I was throwing that out there because that's what I did. I used my usb port, but I have a 3rd gen nano, now that my usb hub on my HU doesn't work, I have a cigerette charger plugged to my ipod and the ipod plugged through a aux, and works fine.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Oh well, if your not looking for the charger function, does that HU come with a aux port? I wasn't looking to be an ass eclipse, he never said until now he wasn't looking for charge so I was throwing that out there because that's what I did. I used my usb port, but I have a 3rd gen nano, now that my usb hub on my HU doesn't work, I have a cigerette charger plugged to my ipod and the ipod plugged through a aux, and works fine.

no aux in, just the changer port in back, think just problem with that manufacturer, oing to look for another cord

rwhops.jpg

Honestly dude, the off-brand eBay cables are usually junk. I went through several for my Pioneer A/V setup before I decided to just pay for the actual Pioneer cabling and it was worth every dime. One of the cables was pinned 180 out like you described too.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

hugh thats weird. you sure you have it in the right spot? mabey you have it in the sub out or front/rear out? just a thought, i never had this problem wth any HU i had

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

hugh thats weird. you sure you have it in the right spot? mabey you have it in the sub out or front/rear out? just a thought, i never had this problem wth any HU i had

no , its in the right spot, it plugs into the HU's cd changer port. Its not an rca its called a J-link cd changer port

rwhops.jpg