Second Skin Audio

My first box design (BUILD) NEW VIDEO Pg.3

Carroot1

Looks good :) how you finishing the box? carpet?

no were going to spray some rhino liner type stuff on it. we put some on a different box and it looks really nice.

oh so i take it your guna fill all the screw or tack holes if there are any. are you going to route the edges? this is just my opinion but if a box isnt being wrapped it should look as smooth as hell :)

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

Looks good :) how you finishing the box? carpet?

no were going to spray some rhino liner type stuff on it. we put some on a different box and it looks really nice.

oh so i take it your guna fill all the screw or tack holes if there are any. are you going to route the edges? this is just my opinion but if a box isnt being wrapped it should look as smooth as hell :)

all the screws are flush with the wood and we probably wont route the edges because we are firing forward.

mJzD9.png

You're actually using three common port walls (top, bottom, rear) therefore your net volume should increase a bit dropping your tuning and raising your port area.

wrong. carroot is right, it's two common port walls. common port walls refers the the number of sides of the slot that share a side with the box. in this case, two. if you were to stand inside the port and look directly up, down, left, and right and count the number of shared sides, it doesn't change no matter where you stand in the port whether it's the opening or in the bend somewhere in the back of the port. there's links to pictures in the help window if you click the help button that will show you what 0, 1, 2, and 3 common port walls looks like.

You're actually using three common port walls (top, bottom, rear) therefore your net volume should increase a bit dropping your tuning and raising your port area.

wow i cant believe it never occured to me once that if it bends to make the "T" that it turns into a 3 common port wall. thanks man i had things confused.

it doesn't, don't get it confused. using that logic if you had a slot port with 3 common sides (1 independent wall) and if it bent, you'd have 4 sides. try entering 4 in the common port wall box and see what happens :)

Archived