Sonic Electronix

How much electrical back up do i have to have with 2500 watts?

How much electrical do i need to back up that I am getting an AQ2200 and i need to put in nice electrtical to back it up

But what would i put in there? a upgraded battery? new alternator? what amp alternator? IDK :( So all in all can someone tell me some decent stuff that is a little cheaper than others (hope that made sense) I dont want horrible voltage drop maybe in the 13s or 14s not 11s...

I know about 0 gauge all around and 0 gauge big three

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Okay well i dont know too much about alternator brands... Which ones are leaning torwards the good side and which one is leading torwards the bad side?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Well then should i get a 250A Alternator? or 200A

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Come on dude help us out!

What about the vehicle? Brand? Model? Year?

Anyhow Mechman, DC Power, and Ohio Generator are great brands. Stay away from OEM and PowerBastardz. I don't really recommend Iraggi (poor customer service).

Get yourself the biggest alternator you possibly can under the hood. More amps = less voltage drop. Also grab the biggest XS Power battery than you can fit under your hood. You'll be good to go for that Audioque 2200D.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

Get yourself the biggest alternator you possibly can under the hood. More amps = less voltage drop. Also grab the biggest XS Power battery than you can fit under your hood. You'll be good to go for that Audioque 2200D.

people are right, this forum DOES have a thing for unneeded electrical upgrades. he doesnt need to dump $4-500 for an alternator for a freaking 2000w amp dude. the big 3 and a battery or two in the back can do him just fine. ive seen a 2200 run on .5 DAILY on a stock electrical system with 1 battery in the back and a like 100amp alt. i have also seen a 2200 run on 1 ohm on a stock electrical system with 1 battery also.

dude you have almost 700 posts. you should know already what we need, information-wise, to help you out further.

Sorry..........................................................

97 Ford Explorer (4.0L) V6

Audio Que 2200 @ 1 ohm

I cant think of anything else....

Honestly..

It has i belive an 90 or 100 i forgot just saw it

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/1997~Ford~Explorer~4.0L-OHV-V6/7768-6k-185-oem.html

How about that?

Also i dont really want to add a second battery. i just want a decent size battery up front. I AM NOT running .5 ohm daily. What about an Optima yellow top or a deka intimidator?

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/1997~Ford~Explorer~4.0L-OHV-V6/7768-6k-185-oem.html

How about that?

Also i dont really want to add a second battery. i just want a decent size battery up front. I AM NOT running .5 ohm daily. What about an Optima yellow top or a deka intimidator?

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Archived