Sonic Electronix

Okay i came here today to figure out my problem because i cant, and i figure someone here may know my problem. Im running two 4ohm dvc subs rated at 500 rms to a 1500 watt boss audio amp, after installing numerous times its failed to work my main problem is my amp is getting power, but my subs will not play they would hit hard for a second then not hit at all or sound very distorted. When i first installed them everything worked perfectly was hitting hard, sounded Bad ass. Round down the rode for about less then a mile and all of my bass would fade away, and upon unhooking up everything again my subs sound distorted, and wouldnt play efficiently. Everytmie ive hooked them up they play perfect until i ride down the road for a bit then i lose all bass and its a repeat. Lost here guys and need some help!

Battery Terminal > 4 gauge Power Wire to dist block > 8 gauge to amp > 8 Gauge ground > amp has power > Subs don't play efficiently.

Edited by ClarkB

Current Setup: 90' Lumina (My Hoopty)

(2)15 inch Phantom Woofers

(1)3000-watt amp. 1500w RMS

-120 amp alt.

-JVC Deck.

-JVC 4x6's and 6x9's.

-Dual Battery powered.

-All 0 Gauge.

-Big 3 Soon2come.

when you bought that boss audio amp

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

You went wrong when you bought a boss amp.

You probably have it wired to 1ohm. And it's most likely not 1ohm stable.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

This sounds like either you have low voltage or you have a bad ground causing it to stop playing

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

You went wrong when you bought a boss amp.

You probably have it wired to 1ohm. And it's most likely not 1ohm stable.

Hahaha this x1000^^^

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

Ive hooked everything up by the manual, and the amp is fine if i wanted you to knock it i would of said have at it. Anyway i have the amp wired to a 4ohm load. I followed all the manuals and subs are wired at 4ohms. amp can be wired to 1ohm, but its a 4ohm load. My ground is connected to a piece of metal but not the frame, think that may be the problem.

Edited by ClarkB

-120 amp alt.

-JVC Deck.

-JVC 4x6's and 6x9's.

-Dual Battery powered.

-All 0 Gauge.

-Big 3 Soon2come.

did u clean the area u grouned with sandpaper make make use all the paint was gone?

or did u use a seat belt bolt 2 ground ur amp

Edited by splzx3

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

did u clean the area u grouned with sandpaper make make use all the paint was gone?

or did u use a seat belt bolt 2 ground ur amp

it was a piece of metal behind the rear seat, and no i didnt sand it down.

-120 amp alt.

-JVC Deck.

-JVC 4x6's and 6x9's.

-Dual Battery powered.

-All 0 Gauge.

-Big 3 Soon2come.