04 GTO System 4/17 UPDATE Pg.4 06 GTO 500RWHP

i'd offer some advice on the sub, but if there was something wrong, based off of what you've said, id have to be there to look at it myself. like others have said, its most likely you just dont have enough power to it. have you taken it out of the box and checked to see the wires are still solid? looked over all connections?

look in the subwoofers/enclosures section on here. you'll find some info. most of what i learn about 4th orders and 6 orders comes from reading peoples build logs, and really reading them.

Tommorow im going to pull out the sub and check the wires if there connected properly. Ill probably go buy a dmm to check the ohms on the sub and to also see what the final ohms are in parallel. As for the amp i already posted it on craigslist and see if i can sell it i want to buy the aq 2200 i was looking at the hifonics brz2400 but the aq is probably better quality hope i can sell the amp quick.

i'd offer some advice on the sub, but if there was something wrong, based off of what you've said, id have to be there to look at it myself. like others have said, its most likely you just dont have enough power to it. have you taken it out of the box and checked to see the wires are still solid? looked over all connections?

look in the subwoofers/enclosures section on here. you'll find some info. most of what i learn about 4th orders and 6 orders comes from reading peoples build logs, and really reading them.

Tommorow im going to pull out the sub and check the wires if there connected properly. Ill probably go buy a dmm to check the ohms on the sub and to also see what the final ohms are in parallel. As for the amp i already posted it on craigslist and see if i can sell it i want to buy the aq 2200 i was looking at the hifonics brz2400 but the aq is probably better quality hope i can sell the amp quick.

yeah i would check the sub bc you could have just one coil hooked up and running at 2 ohms.

check your impedance at the amp before you take anything out. then take them out and see if anythings wrong. but yeah, either of those amps should get that sub moving!

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

ok so i went and bought a multimeter and i was checking my amp and when ever it would go over 32 volts the sub would sound distorted so i was looking at the volt calculator and 32 volts is around 1000 watts <_< . im pretty sure thats my problem so now i was thinking its time for a new amp i was looking at the dc 2.0k or the aq2200. how good are these amps whats there true rating are they underrated. Also if you guys know of similar good amps let me know so i can check them out.

the sundown seems good but since i want to buy a btl i want to get at least 2000 watts. Or what other subs are recommended that are louder or around the same as the btl sorry if im asking a lot of questions but in my city no one has these brands everyone has kicker and other brands you can get at best buy.

the sundown seems good but since i want to buy a btl i want to get at least 2000 watts. Or what other subs are recommended that are louder or around the same as the btl sorry if im asking a lot of questions but in my city no one has these brands everyone has kicker and other brands you can get at best buy.

subs are all a matter of opinion and everyone will prob give you a different answer. amps dc and sundown are underrated i have heard and idk about the aq i wanna say its more spot on not under or over but don't quote me on that

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i ordered a new amp a sundown 2500 and i know for sure i need to upgrade the electrical. So right now i am working on the big three and my stock alt is 140 amps. I have a regular interstate battery in the front. Weird thing is i used to idle at about 14.2 volts but now i only idle at 13.8. So what would cause that. Also what would i need to power this amp. I know i probably need a extra battery in the rear and im looking at the xs power ones. Which one would be perfect. Im going to put this amp on the bl and see how it takes it but most likely i will probably sell it and order a btl. The thing is i dont have to much space and would it be better to get a 15 or a 12. I only have 35W*18H*15D. Its about 3.8 cubes after port displacements and all that. So any help would be apreciated. Also and other subs that you guys recommend.

Archived