A few random questions on my mids n highs

Nobody can recommend a decent 2 way crossover so i can run my mids and highs active? I was thinking the 3sixty but dont really have the money for it now so is there one that will be ok for less money?

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

The way you made it sound was that there was just a 3 selector switch where you can only choose LP Full or HP with no pots to adjust the settings. If you have both LP and HP pots, set it at full and adjust each pot.

FYI.....setting it to FULL means the pots do NOTHING, it's passing the FULL signal from the HU to the speakers. Assuming he has either an active HU or processor inline BEFORE the amp then he would want to set it to FULL...

Sundown 100.4 and AQ4x90 both have "bandpass" capability to run mids/tweeters active. Otherwise look into a 3 way processor or active HU...

Honestly since you're running passive sets, I don't see much reason to go active with them. There is no magic in running active, just allows you to choose pretty much any mid/tweet that you want and also more ability to tweak settings "if" you're so inclined. Otherwise a passive set will sound just as good...

Sundown 100.4 and AQ4x90 both have "bandpass" capability to run mids/tweeters active. Otherwise look into a 3 way processor or active HU...

Honestly since you're running passive sets, I don't see much reason to go active with them. There is no magic in running active, just allows you to choose pretty much any mid/tweet that you want and also more ability to tweak settings "if" you're so inclined. Otherwise a passive set will sound just as good...

thats cool, i never knew those amps had that feature..but yea i did my research and realized i cant run active with my setup, but running active would be louder because they get more power to them and can sound better..but im satisfied how it sounds now that i got everything in and tuned..BUT i need some advice which nobody has any ideas about why i have a slight buzz or hum in my speakers though...i tried a ground loop isolater but its didnt do anything...anybody else have any ideas?? cuz this is a little annoying...

If you are running your speaker wire near your 4 runs of 0 gauge that'll put a wicked buzz in the speakers. Check the distance between power and speaker wires, and possibly ground your RCAs if you have a pioneer HU they're sometimes known for causing problems.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

If you are running your speaker wire near your 4 runs of 0 gauge that'll put a wicked buzz in the speakers. Check the distance between power and speaker wires, and possibly ground your RCAs if you have a pioneer HU they're sometimes known for causing problems.

Thanks man, yeah my speaker wires are near my power wires, im going to try re-routing them