Computer Trouble

Buy New Ram??

i have the same kinda ram

corsair but when mines was bad it didnt go past the boot...

it froze there....

I really dont want to buy new ram Iv been thinking about having geek squad do a dyno on it but they want like $80

~REFS~

-CA.com-Gianotti(2 18" FI BTL D1) Slowd N Throwd(Wiring),Ebrunn(PC monitor),Rab(HK4000D)

-SMD.com-Nismofreak(Radar),BigP(Phone Headset),anonymous(Xbox360 Headset)

It is either Over heating or something is wrong with the ram. If the board didnt support that much ram then the computer would not even turn on, you would just hear a bunch of beeping when it should be posting and the computer will do nothing but beep. Why didnt you call iBuyPower when it first started so that you could have gotten this taken care of? I would say get a friends memory that fits the specs of the mobo and try that, if that doesnt work then it deff sounds like a heating problem... Which then could lead to faulty mobo....

Edited by Cdizzle

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

It is either Over heating or something is wrong with the ram. If the board didnt support that much ram then the computer would not even turn on, you would just hear a bunch of beeping when it should be posting and the computer will do nothing but beep. Why didnt you call iBuyPower when it first started so that you could have gotten this taken care of? I would say get a friends memory that fits the specs of the mobo and try that, if that doesnt work then it deff sounds like a heating problem... Which then could lead to faulty mobo....

I did call ibuypower and was on hold forever and they said it could be the ram and said once I sent them mine and they received it and tested it then they would send me some new if it was faulty and it would be like 4 weeks+ and if nothing was wrong with it I get billed

~REFS~

-CA.com-Gianotti(2 18" FI BTL D1) Slowd N Throwd(Wiring),Ebrunn(PC monitor),Rab(HK4000D)

I did call ibuypower and was on hold forever and they said it could be the ram and said once I sent them mine and they received it and tested it then they would send me some new if it was faulty and it would be like 4 weeks+ and if nothing was wrong with it I get billed

I would have paid if I sent it in and they said that nothing was wrong, at least you know the RAM isnt bad... But now that is just one more thing that you have to worry about.... Like I said, try to snag one of your friends for a bit till you can see if that is the problem or not.

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

when i was dicking with my ram i had to goto the cmos settings and chang the hrz i think? and tell it i was useing a specific type of ram shit i cant remember i only did it the one time when i added a extra stick. same symptoms tho.

when i was dicking with my ram i had to goto the cmos settings and chang the hrz i think? and tell it i was useing a specific type of ram shit i cant remember i only did it the one time when i added a extra stick. same symptoms tho.

I messed with my BIOS once and changed the power and it made it so the monitor wouldnt come online So I took it to a compter shop told them what I did and then told them the ram problem and told them to call me before they did anything I get called 1h 30min later saying they finished and I go to pick it up and they charge me $100. I asked what they didnt and they said they removed the cmos battery I bleive its called(little watch battery at bottom of MB) and I asked if they fixed my ram problem they said no all they did was reset my bios. I was super P!$$*d. the guy said he just removed the battery for 30sec and put it back and and they charged me 100

~REFS~

Not sure if your famiular with cpuz but if you need a link, http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpu-z-141.zip

Download that and run it.

Make sure Both ram sticks are installed.

On the About tab there will be a button that says Register Dump (.txt), go ahead and push that, post up the text file here.

razor5070.png