Sundown Audio

There is a product I have been after

Like I said before CDT already has a 6.5" Woofer with a Response of 10-4000hz, rated at 150rms, unless you looking for a 6.5 that handles more power than that

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

in the late 90's kicker had some 6 1/2 subs just fyi i played with em

Ya I own a set of them.

The DD looks pretty beefy.

This is just something I have been thinking about since everyone has been putting a lot of effort into designing 8's, this is kinda in the same realm. IMO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

The DD does look pretty mean. Honestly I probably wouldn't do it without tooling a frame to make it work great; not just work well.

Ya man I know you would have to tool a new basket and the other issue is the motor. For what I have been thinking about would probably have to be a NEO magnet.

Its not that I'm a fan of the neo magnets because of the issues with heat but because a normal magnet would have to be too big of a motor structure and would ruin the mounting configurations I have in mind like mounting under the dash firring downwards or sticking them in rear doors or even mounting one in the glove box and would simplify the install in a center console.

Jacob I do understand that this would be a very costly thing to design and put into production but after meeting with you a couple of times you just seem like the kind of guy that would at least consider doing a little R&D on something this different even if it didn't leave the drawing board.

I am curios as to what the lowest Fs you have been able to pull off with the 8 inch subs you have been playing with?

EDIT: I do think that the market is small enough that it wouldn't hurt to look into the design.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

The DD does look pretty mean. Honestly I probably wouldn't do it without tooling a frame to make it work great; not just work well.

Ya man I feel that what I'm wanting would need to be designed 100% brand new from the ground up.

This would have to be designed from scratch and again would be very very expensive to tool up.

I just wanted to get the ball rolling by putting the idea in your head man.

Edited by ISO

Terryswork001.png

Ya man I know you would have to tool a new basket and the other issue is the motor. For what I have been thinking about would probably have to be a NEO magnet.

Its not that I'm a fan of the neo magnets because of the issues with heat but because a normal magnet would have to be too big of a motor structure and would ruin the mounting configurations I have in mind like mounting under the dash firring downwards or sticking them in rear doors or even mounting one in the glove box and would simplify the install in a center console.

Jacob I do understand that this would be a very costly thing to design and put into production but after meeting with you a couple of times you just seem like the kind of guy that would at least consider doing a little R&D on something this different even if it didn't leave the drawing board.

I am curios as to what the lowest Fs you have been able to pull off with the 8 inch subs you have been playing with?

EDIT: I do think that the market is small enough that it wouldn't hurt to look into the design.

I could make the FS as low as I want on the 8s -- but with the correct amount of spider stiffness to withstand typical usage I've found in the 40s to be the optimal blend. They are still strong to 30 hz in a low tuned box.

I'll consider looking into this more once some other projects are completed.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg