Sundown Audio

There is a product I have been after

Possibly -- what market do you think this would be going for exactly ?

Mostly sound quality competition where upfront bass matters.

Also to factory stereo owners that want to add just enough when it comes to bass.

I have had the mind set for years that I want all the bass in the world but I don't want to sacrifice space in the cab or my trunk.

To modify a rear deck to add just enough bass might not bother alot of people or in 4 door vehicles you could drop them in the rear doors for your bass and a nice set of coaxials in the front doors.

I guess I'm still after the idea of being able to have a reasonable amount of bass without the loss of space.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Jacob, i also agree.

The market is so vast, even.

And you could possibly start dealing with car manufacturers, for stock subwoofer systems.

Manufact.'s don't want stock 18's in the back, so they use small subs in the center console or cargo area, well if you show them what sundown could do, the market could be huge.

oh, and 6.5" midbass FTW.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

JL has a 6.5 subwoofer.

Click It...

Get it today for the low low price of......

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

If built and designed rite you could possibly out source this product to other OEM companies too.

Home Theater or computer subwoofers.

To me there just seams to be the potential for something like this even if it wasn't dedicated to car audio.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Isn't DD messing around with 6.5" subwoofers right now?

yes. beastly little things

I thought so.

OP: They're not production subs yet, I don't believe. Email DD about it and they can give you more info.

JL has a 6.5 subwoofer.

Click It...

So DD is working on something.......Cool

And I forgot about JL but then again its JL.

The Kicker Competition from 96 to around 2000 was one of the last of my favorite 6.5 inch subs but it needed a little less than .5cf of air space to perform.

There isn't enough companies playing with the idea yet to not consider the thought.

Terryswork001.png

:Doh: Why are you recommending and discussing other brands' subs in Jacob's forum? Just wondering :wrongforum: Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

:Doh: Why are you recommending and discussing other brands' subs in Jacob's forum? Just wondering :wrongforum:

Who me?

To find out if it is worth it to design and what kind of competition a person might have and what is their product and what might be wrong with their design.

EDIT: and just because its a forum doesn't mean its not a conversation.

Edited by ISO

Terryswork001.png

OP, and others...Have you tried using the e8v2's in the applications you are suggesting this potential 6.5" sub for? Whether it be and SQ 3-way front stage, rear fill or compact sub? We here in Russia, since recieving our first shipment of e8v2's have found them to be a remarcably potent driver for any of the above - it can play up to 200Hz so effortlessly that you'd sware it was designed just for that....heck even going up to 500hz isn't a problem - and that's all you're gonna need from a woofer in a 3-way front stage playing into 50hz down low.... yet put one or better two in a low tuned ported box and you can get them lows and have fast accurate bass response on even the most challenging tracks..... and you can run it IB

I mean, sure a 6.5 is smaller and sometimes easier to fit, but you're still looking at doing alot of prep work if you are say planning to run a sub, even a small one in your doors.....might as well step up to 8" ....,y .02 on the subject

Edited by G_skillz81

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - Deep Orange

Build log - Blowthrought with 4 18's http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122600-4-18s-in-a-dodge-ram-team-sundown-russia/

Sundown Audio SAX125.2 - Sundown PA 10"

Shok-wiring & RCA's

XS Power D6500

Mechman 320A

Sundown Audio Russia

http://sundownaudio....dex.php?/index

http://www.drive2.ru...ram/ram/skillz/ - more about my truck

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gskillz81