Sundown Audio

Audioque 2200 specs?

matt14

So what would be " proper " electrical to run a AQ2200 at .5ohm?

I run mine on stock electrical and an HC1400 at .5, I'm not saying this is safe but it's being done.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

Run it at .5 just keep the gain relatively low. Just because you can run an amp all the way up to the point right before it clips doesn't mean you always should. In your case with the electricals you have now, just run it at .5 but go easy with the gain. That or set the gain correctly with your sub level at 0 then lower the sub level on your deck.

i ran my aq 2200 at .5 ohms with no problems for about a year. it clipped like crazy until my electrical could handle it

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

Yea i called earlier today also and they told me that if I were to run it at .5 ohm, it would void my warrenty but it can handle it from what they say- with good electrical

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

scary thing running under 1 ohm load.... but if you got the bills to repair/replace it if it breaks... Enjoy! otherwise run it at 2 ohm and it should be fine IMO.... You don't necessarily need to max out the wattage of what a subwoofer can handle.... :shrug:

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

• 2 years later...

Archived