My Set Up

I'm debating in entering my first SQ competition in a couple of weeks but not sure if my set up is upto part with SQ competition.

Head Unit:

Kenwood DDX7019

Doors:

Getting a set of powerbass 4xl-65-92 componets - RF P2002 amp

Rear:

4 O2 audio 10" midbass woofers - RF P8004 amp

4 Kicker KS13 tweets

Trunk

RF T2 12" - TF T1000 amp

Electrical:

Irragi 240amp alt

Optima yellow top engine

Batcap 800 trunk & 20 farat Powe Aqustik cap

Is my set up worthy for comp?

Edited by solara08861

im not into the whole sq thing, but from what u listed it dont seem like a true sq system (in my noobie-sq-ish honest opinion). four 10" woofer just for midbass seems kinda like overkill to me when u only have one 12 for the lower frequencies. im not sure about the sq of that sub. i think u could get some better equipment all the way around for reasonable prices. again...im not hatin, and i dont know much about sq, just puttin in my $.02. megalo could probably tell u some more, he is a sq kinda guy...

i likes me some audio stuff...

Really when just starting out in SQ comps try to get it to sound good, It's not as much about how much you spend vs. how you have it set up.

Don't be afraid to go and get your ass handed to you. I did at my 1st comp and now after hearing what the judges are looking for, my setup is tuned way better then before I went.

I didn't know what I was missing in my setup until I heard what was missing.

I feel good now knowing that I didn't spend a tenth on my setup as the others did and I sound just as good

Edited by kingsuv

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

What do you have for an EQ? And why get powerbass components, when you already have Oz midbass? If youre serious about SQ than find a set of Oz compononents. Have fun with it tho, talk to the judge. Just get out there and test and tune.

- Infiniti QX4 - - 2 Digital Designs 9917s - - Digital Designs Z1 - - Digital Designs C3b -

subnoise-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am want I would call a SQ Guy, In my 2 cents is that you have more of a SPL set-up. You will want Great front stage, Good rear fill, & awesome Subs to do well, it a start thought.

REF'Smr.wigglezdj - ROE- Traded, Hemisott - CA- Bought, BLD25 - CA- Sold, pik - CA- Sold, Priest - CA- Sold, FLOSSINON24S - CA-Sold, BJFISH11 - CA- Bought, SlainNothing - CA- Sold