Sonic Electronix

Anyone put a system in a Hybrid?

I'm going to be getting a Hybrid ride and want to drop a system in it of course. I was just curios if anyone has experience doing so? Is there anything to watch out for? I'm still doing my research on how they operate as far as the batteries and charging system goes. If it works out I would be putting 3 Dekas in the back to run the system soley off, but like I said still looking up the charging system. Thanks for the input

T10004

10" AQ HDC3

yep in a prius.. I know, I know why a prius..

A friend of mine done a SQ system in a Ford Excape ... Sounds Great !!!

He added to Linear Power Amps to the system and the gas mileage decreased by some (not shuree of the specifics) ...

Not shure if you can add extra batteries ti a hybrid ... This could get interesting ... Happy hunting ... :drink40:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I had an SQ setup in my 2006 civic hybrid (stupid hybrid). close to 3000 watts total system power, no battery or charging upgrades. Never a flicker from any other system.

The biggest issue was that it had trouble getting out of its own way...500 pounds of system tends to seriously affect performance.

which hybrid are you looking to buy? This will affect whether or not you should add batteries. most hybrids have the charging system built into the electric motors (high voltage generator/motor and 12v built into the same unit) so upgrading would be difficult, to say the least.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Either a Prius or the Lexus 200, I have an RD D9 with two 12" BTL's..

All I can say is Best of luck to ya Bro ... You're gonna need it ... :drink40:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

those both have the same charging system...hybrid synnergy drive. you CANNOT upgrade the charging system. You might be able to add a second alt, but I wouldn't recommend it. You can add a battery, but I wouldn't recommend more than that...they charging system won't like it.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts if I put in a kinetik mount in charger? Do those pull alot of current? Was thinking of putting one of those with a kinetik 3800.. Just tossing ideas around, can't go on without bass :( lol

T10004

10" AQ HDC3

yep in a prius.. I know, I know why a prius..

Archived